What's new

Should WB and the BDA give HD DVD owners a "peace offering" to welcome them to Blu? (1 Viewer)

Manus

Second Unit

+ Another

Probably the last time we all agreed was before the 'war' when it made sense that they should have kept talking till there was only 1 format good to go. All this 'SD isnt really good enough ' and ' Hd-Dvd must die and die quickly for the greater good ' patronising BS just doesn't ring true to me .

I'm definitely rethinking my disposable income . The studios seem cool for the next couple of years what with the large gift cheques they've been cutting each other :) and I can always reacquaint myself with my Hitchcocks and Film Noirs
to pass time .

Over at avs a guy suggested we could do with a new hobby and offered this as asuggestion :

Pictures of Pennies

At least there's no major investment in equipment required and Drm isnt an issue ;)

Do or do not , there is no trying :D

~M~

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Yeah, it's indeed a catch-22 problem. And as Edwin (and Adam) mentioned, there's no dot.com boom (and bust!) to help HDM this time around. I definitely remember collecting lots of DVDs through the various dot.com offers. And remember how much Reel.com cost Hollywood Video that one year before Reel.com's online sales business got sold to Buy.com?

Anyway, at this point, I plan to help out a little w/ the classic title releases even though I'm not a classic film buff. I'll probably go pick up the major classics as they get released on BD, eg. Casablanca, Adventures of Robin Hood, Lawrence of Arabia, etc., and play them on my PS3. ;) If classic film buffs are not interested, then so be it. We can only do so much to encourage them to jump in...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks