What's new

Should I sell my Panasonic RP-91 and get the Denon 2900? (1 Viewer)

Luis M

Second Unit
I've had my Panasonic RP-91 for a year now and I am very happy with it but I want to get a multi- player that includes SACD audio. Everybody raves about how good the Denon sounds but Will I sacrify picture quality on this trade? or Is the Denon a great dvd player as well?

Frank joe

Stunt Coordinator
i own the denon for 3 months, and i love it. quality built and great sound. the tech at denon said in 2 channel audio to use the analog outputs directly to the cd input of my preamp. the sould it awsome. what are you uusing reciever or pre pro. frank

Luis M

Second Unit
I have a receiver set up, The Marantz 8200 with the Paradigms 100v3 and 570 center channel, The rears are energy speakers and I listen to music with the Panasonic RP-91 through its digital coaxial output. I also use an old dedicated cd player, The SAE that outperforms the Panasonic-Marantz combination in manny ways through its analog outputs but it is getting touchy,and even though the build quality on the SAE is remarkable, time is not on its side. My main worry going for the Denon is not its sound quality, which I know is good but that I want the progressive picture quality to be at least as good as the Panasonic.

ArnaudP

Stunt Coordinator
In June 2003, I went from RP91 to Denon 2900 for my HT. I really love the Denon but I kept the RP 91 for my bedroom. The Denon adds SACD , BM. I like the picture of the Denon (a little softer compared to RP91), it is more film like in my opinion. The RP 91 was better with non-anamorphic DVDs but I only have a couple of those, so no big deal.

Luis M

Second Unit
(I like the picture of the Denon (a little softer compared to RP91), it is more film like in my opinion.)

Does that mean the picture on the Denon player is not as detailed but has added depth to it, more pleasing? Does a sharper picture mean a better picture as logic dictates? or Are there other factors where a sharper picture alone is not an enough determining factor to provide a better picture?

Ken Stokes

Agent
I don't know if this will help but I had a RP-91 for over two years and recently upgraded to the Denon 5900. I still have the panasonic and for grins did a side by side. The 91 is a good player and served me well but the 5900 is better and difference is not subtle.

Good luck whatever you do.

Ken

PS Just a comment on the Panasonic players. These are great machines for the money. The 91 is my bedroom and I have a DVD-300 purchased in June of 97 working great in the family room, they never die!

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
Ken, can you tell me if Denon 5900 can scale non-anamorphic DVDs the same way RP-91 does using component output and not DVI?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks