What's new

Should I buy this (1 Viewer)

DanielKellmii

Supporting Actor
A co-worked has an 8 year old velodyne 300 watt sub. I think it has a 15 inch driver. He says he paid $1100 for it new. Now it just sits in his garage. The box is 2' x 2'. He says the it goes down to 15KHz. He isn't going to give it away, so how much is a reasonable offer?

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
It doubt it will go down to 15 Hz. If it is so great why is it in his garage? Before you give him an offer insist on trying it out in your HT. Check to see if the surround is damaged or rotting from being left in the garage. There are very good new subs for about $400 so I wouldn't pay more than about 100 bones. Check out the offerings from Paradigm, HSU, SVS, Adire Audio etc.

Chester II

Stunt Coordinator
Daniel dude,

I agree with Graham Cracker. Test drive the sub in YOUR home on YOUR equipment. Look at past reviews and post questions on every site you can think of....

Dude,

Chester

JimPeitersen

Second Unit
Even if it is an "old" ULD-15 (and in good shape), I would bet that it is better than almost all $400 retail subs that you can get today. If it is an F-1500, or FSR, then it would be worth a decent chunk of money. Get us the model number for more accurate assessments.
JP

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
If I remember correctly the ULD series required a separate amp and I don't remember if those Carver made amps were eq'd to make it work correctly, make certain it comes with the separate amp if this is the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks