What's new

Should I buy the Sanyo Z2 sight unseen?? Please give advice. (1 Viewer)

Eric M Jones

Second Unit
I bought the Z-1 early last year sight unseen (from projectorpeople.com), I couldn't be happier. I had an issue with a faulty bulb about a week after I bought it. Sanyo's customer service was excellent. They even sent the replacement bulb FedEx overnight . I've got about 500 hrs. on it now. It's the best HT purchase I've ever made.

I have no doubt you'll love the Z2. Buy it. The only regret you'll have is that you waited.

-EJ

James_G

Stunt Coordinator
I'm buying either the Z1 or Z2 sight unseen because there is no place in my area to demo them. I recently bought an Infocus X1 from Best Buy but the rainbow effect really broke me down. The thing was fantastic in every way, but I couldn't stop seeing the damned rainbows. After around 15 hours on the lamp I had to return it, which was a real bummer. :frowning: Does anyone know how the Z1 and/or Z2 stacks up against the X1 in terms of video quality? I really love the picture quality of DLP, but until they can get past 2x on lower-end models, and possibly even past 4x, it's unwatchable to my eyes.

Legairre

Supporting Actor

I paid $1925 for mine from www.iavi.com in Florida. I did find it for just under $1900 from another company, but when I asked about their dead pixel policy they wanted to charge an additional $50 to check the machine before shipping it. IAVI was the only company I found that was willing to check the projector for, convergence, panel alignment and dead pixels before shipping.

I can't say how the unit is, because it just shipped Friday, but I'll know soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks