What's new

Short Run Series that need a DVD release - (1 Viewer)

R. Kay

Second Unit
A great series from 1986-1987 called 'A Year In The Life'.

Started as a mini-series. Became a series for a short time.

Starred Richard Kiley.

I remember Brandon Tartakoff was quoted as saying he was heartbroken to cancel it because of its quality, but its ratings were poor.

John Swarce

Second Unit
Another vote for Nowhere Man. Damn, I wish I had taped that show when it aired. I didn't expect the twist ending, but I am glad they wrapped up the story after the word came down that is was not being picked up for a second season.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Dark Shadows 1991 is my first choice (and, thankfully, already semi-announced).

My second choice would be a syndicated cartoon series from the 80's that I can't seem to find any evidence of the fact it existed except in the memories of my brothers and I. It was called Tiger Sharks, done in a Thundercats-esque Anime style, about a group of adventurers who tooled around in a shark-shaped space ship and would use a hi-tech moon pool to mutate into half-human, half sea creature superheroes. I'm pretty sure the leader's name was Mako and some of the other characters I can remember were Angel, Octavia(?), Dolph and Walro. It aired with 3 other cartoons (Karate Kat is the only one I remember the name of) in a rotating format called the Comic Strip. The theme song to Tiger Sharks went something like 'Look for a spaceship with a tail, and hold on, Tiger Sharks!', while the Comic Strip's was something like 'Let's all take a trip to the Comic Strip!'

William Waits

Stunt Coordinator

Wrong "Men Behaving Badly". I am speaking of the one here from the US starring Rob Schneider. DAMN! You got me all excited on that one!!! I was SOOO ready to place an order....

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Was it "Tenspeed and Brownshoe" with Jeff Goldblum and Ben Vereen I remember that show being very good.
And very shortlived. Also How About Beverly Hills Buntz with Dennis Franz

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Tenspeed and Brownshoe. Forgot about that one. That would be great to see again.

Matt`L

Stunt Coordinator

oops, sorry about that one. :b

hmm... i just thought of a show i'd like to see on dvd... earth 2. when i watched this in its original screenings, i really enjoyed it. i've never seen a repeated episode of this, so i'd pick up the dvd even if it were just to see if i still enjoy it.

StacyV

Second Unit

Good choice, I remember that one being a favorite of mine as well. Another I'd like to see is "Dangerous Minds" with Annie Potts. Somewhere from 17 to 19 episodes, I hadn't seen the movie it was based on until after the series was over. The series puts the movie to shame, it was that good.

Craig

Second Unit
Texas Wheelers - Early '70s comedy, starred Jack Elam, Gary Busey, Mark Hamill, Lisa Eilbacher among others. Had one of the all time great theme songs, "Illegal Smile" by John Prine.

Jeff McMillan

Stunt Coordinator
Along with the previously mentioned Action! and Andy Richter, I would love to see TV Funhouse (Comedy Central series) released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks