1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Short of REW and a Feedback Destroyer, Is There a less Brain Busting Room/Speaker EQ for my situatio

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Brian Serene, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Brian Serene

Brian Serene Well-Known Member

Hi

I just don't feel comfortable trying to climb the learning curve with REW and an EQ like the Feedback Destroyer.

I have a receiver that just pre-dated Audyssey and the other room/speaker EQs.

My receiver has 7.1 channel inputs, but no HDMI. At this point, the lack of HDMI does not seem to be a problem for me.

I was thinking that a relatively inexpensive receiver would give me what I want, and I would use it as pre/pro only as my receiver measured 117 watts per channel with all SEVEN channels driven simultaneously.

I welcome all comments and suggestions.

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Well-Known Member

Robert
    Remember that the BFD is a sub only EQ while Audyssey, MCACC and others EQ all of the channels. My Pioneer has MCACC but it only sets the level of my sub. I use seven of the 12 available EQ bands on my BFD to flatten the response of my sub.

All you need to setup a BFD is an analog SPL meter from Radio Shack. I posted a short tutorial in the Speakers and Subs section a few weeks ago. I can even provide you with the correct sine wave test tones.

3. Brian Serene

Brian Serene Well-Known Member

Thanks for reminding me that the BFD is for subs only.

What do you think about using a relatively inexpensive receiver (with 7.1, or 7.2) channel analog outputs. I am looking for full range EQ, not only EQ for my subs. Not that my subs don't need EQ. Just the opposite. Really tough limitations on sub placement in this room.

I am wondering if something with Audyssey MultiEQXT used as a pre/pro might be possible. I guess I would have to find out which receiver with MultiEQ XT and 7.1(2) analog outputs would be least expensive.

Thanks again for your help.