What's new

Short-lived TV Series (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
There are many short-lived series that i would love see released on dvd, like Sierra or Delvecchio or O'Hara Treasury Agent or Petrocelli or Chopper One, etc. Does anyone have some short-lived shows that like to see on dvd?

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Ah.. A familar topic. We have discussed this subject man times. But most of us here, have quite a few short-lived programs on our Holy Grail list (not including those long-lived series as well). Mine include Wizards and Warriors, Salvage 1, Young Maverick, Baby Blues, and others. James

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Mine are The Dakotas, Way Out, Outlaws, The Lieutenant, Invasion, The Alaskans, and Mr. Novak among others.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Dear Younger: James here again. Chances for your favorite old time short-lived show coming out on DVD may not be the best, but between Warner Archives and some surprise revelations, here and there, don't give up hope. Every now and than, something happens. James,

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I'd like to see: Chopper One Doc Elliott Family Holvak Fantastic Journey Firehouse Gemini Man Hare's Boomer Kodiak Primus Salvage One Spencer's Pilots Three for the Road

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
JamesSmith said:
Dear Younger: James here again. Chances for your favorite old time short-lived show coming out on DVD may not be the best, but between Warner Archives and some surprise revelations, here and there, don't give up hope. Every now and than, something happens. James,
I never give up hope, especially with the tough economy. I have the majority of shows i wanted to complete and i will continue to shop a wait for different shows to be released. I was happy that "It Takes a Thief" was released, so it gives us hope. I like to see WB created some online polls based on old shows, like one and done. The only issues with their online polls is you can not do rating, i.e. 1st choice, 2nd choice, etc. Ideally, it would be nice if timeless media were able to do more the old shows as they seem to have some success with the release. I would also be happy if the following shows, which have only 1 season to released would be completed: 1. Baa Baa Black Sheep 2. Charlie's Angels 3. SWAT i glad to see people are responding to this thread and hearing shows people like to see released.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
I'd like the 1997 series "Spy Game" with Allison Smith, anyone else remember this show? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spy_Game_(TV_series)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
derosa said:
I'd like the 1997 series "Spy Game" with Allison Smith, anyone else remember this show? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spy_Game_(TV_series)
Is that the same Allison Smith from Kate and Alley? It is cool to see wha odd ball series people liked growing up!! I also was liked Whiz Kids This brought memories of my first home computer, which was commodore vic 20. I remember using Commodore Petts computer in HS!! Here is another one: another classic show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1N37iDi9OY&feature=related how about serpico how about firehouse http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_etgoqsJl90&feature=related

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
younger1968 said:
Is that the same Allison Smith ? It is cool to see wha odd ball series people liked growing up!
Yes, that's her. She also played a recurring character on the West Wing, the daughter of Leo McGarry. She portrayed a school teacher who visits the white house where Rob Low's character hits on her.

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
I'd like to see ANGIE released on DVD. it lasted 2 seasons ('79-'80) and did run in syndication but I guess the powers that be so far haven't felt that there's enough of a demand.

Brian McP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Hey you dvd distributors -- here's some beautiful one season shows that would make the best kind of quick release on dvd, all minor classics, one way or the other.... The Queen and I starring Larry Storch and Billy DeWolfe The Chicago Teddy Bears starring Dean Jones and John Banner The Tim Conway Show starring Tim Conway and Joe Flynn The Jimmy Stewart Show starring Jimmy Stewart and Julie Adams The Paul Lynde Show The Partners starring Don Adams and Rupert Crosse Future Cop starring Ernest Borgnine, John Amos and Michael Shannon Honeymoon Suite starring Morey Amsterdam and Rose Marie Life With Lucy starring Lucille Ball and Gale Gordon (for Lucy completists) and one series never released in the US, a Japanese action series from 1962-65 (with the most delightfully appalling English dubbing job of all time) called The Samurai starring Koichi Ose -- a cult series in Japan and even bigger in Australia: with over 100 episodes, not exactly shortlived, but certainly memorable!

MattHR

Screenwriter
Being a huge Lindsay Wagner fan, I'd love to see her two post-The Bionic Woman series released. They were both canceled during their first seasons, each with a few unaired episodes. Each has well-known co-stars that could help marketing. Jessie (1984) with Tony Lo Bianco and Celeste Holm. Lindsay played a police psychiatrist who is forced into the field more than she likes. Peaceable Kingdom (1989) Lindsay is the manager of the L.A. County Zoo where her doctor brother (Tom Wopat) also works.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
MattHR said:
Being a huge Lindsay Wagner fan, I'd love to see her two post-The Bionic Woman series released. They were both canceled during their first seasons, each with a few unaired episodes. Each has well-known co-stars that could help marketing. Jessie (1984) with Tony Lo Bianco and Celeste Holm. Lindsay played a police psychiatrist who is forced into the field more than she likes.
I hadn't heard of that series until recently catching some promos on you tube, it looks interesting, it would be great to see it.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
derosa said:
Spy Game, with its four unaired episodes, is one of my top Holy Grails. I enjoyed its quasi-serious spy tone. With what an episode of network programs cost, I have a hard time believing ABC thought it was more cost-effective NOT to show that quadrology of episodes. Allison Smith sure was beautiful in that series. James

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Forgot about "When Things Were Rotten." More asture critics might hate its broad humor, but I enjoyed it. James

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
JamesSmith said:
Spy Game, with its four unaired episodes, is one of my top Holy Grails. I enjoyed its quasi-serious spy tone. With what an episode of network programs cost, I have a hard time believing ABC thought it was more cost-effective NOT to show that quadrology of episodes. Allison Smith sure was beautiful in that series. James
Have those 4 un-aired episodes ever seen the light of day? I don't hold out much hope for a release of this series, but I'd jump at the chance to see it again if it ever happened. Maybe one day it will be available for download, but i suppose the cost of producing and distributing the physical media isn't the hold up, but rather the rights and royalties etc. It's a shame when stuff continues to sit in a vault somewhere!

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
With the recent passing of Harry Morgan I would love "Blacke's Magic. Such a great show!

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Greg Chenoweth said:
I would like to see "Lucas Tanner" released on DVD. I enjoyed this David Hartman series.
Ah..... I remember Lucas Tanner as well. Had a great theme song. Pity it didn't get a second season, like Petrocelli did, right before it got cancelled. Maybe some studios should start looking at the shorter-lived series for ideas if they can't get the "biggies" out. I also get tired of the main cable networks showing the same series over and over again, like Married With Children, Little House, and MASH. Would love to see some of these other programs I haven't seen. James

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
derosa said:
I remember trying to like it and being impressed with the opening credit sequence, which I thought was very well done. However, I found the writing to be insipid and couldn't get past the first couple of episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks