What's new

Short-lived and Cancelled TV series on DVD (1 Viewer)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I just can't believe "When Things Were Rotten" has never been issued in dvd! What's the matter with you, Mr. Mel Brooks? Do you have to tie it in with a stupid Broadway musical before you can release it?

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
I would like to see "The Charmings" released on DVD because I had never heard of this sitcom before I started hanging out here and the concept of the show sounds very intriguing to me... cheesy, but intriguing. And I feel like I missed out on something not seeing this show.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
I'd really like to see the New Phil Silvers Show on DVD to see how it was and the recently canceled Out of Practice.

Paul

Richard*J

Auditioning
according to Julie Newmar Official website - Julie herself owns the rights to all 26 episodes of My Living Doll and apparently owns copies of each episode --- here is a link to her website so you can read all about it --- she is planning to release them onto dvd--- http://www.julienewmar.com/links.html

Richard*J

Auditioning
The Charmings --- If you never got to see the Charmings, you really should - its very very funny. Paul Winfield and Judith Parrift are absouloutly hysterical together. I was fortunate enough to have recorded them, but if you would like to see a great Charmings page go to www.charmings.org ---- a very nice set up.

Richard*J

Auditioning
shows that should be released:
#1 Rags To Riches ( Joseph Bologna )
#2 Sister Kate ( Jason Priestly, Stephanie Beacham)
#3 Free Spirit ( Alyson Hannigan)
#4 The Charmings ( Christopher Rich)
#5 The Five Mrs. Buchanens ( Eileen Heckart )
#6 100 Lives of Black Jack Savage ( Daniel Hugh Kelley, Roma Downey)
#7 Second Noah ( Daniel Hugh Kelley
#8 Torkelsons (Connie Ray)
#9 Ocean Girl ( Marzena Godecki)
#10 Do Over ( Penn Badgley )
#11 Good & Evil ( Terri Garr )
#12 Dolphin Cove
#13 Thieves (John Stamos)
#14 Wolf Lake ( Lou Diamond Phillips)
#15 The Bradys ( 1990 reunion series)
#16 Werewolf
#17 My Living Doll ( julie Newmar)
#18 Second Hundred years ( Monte Markham)
#19 Hot Properties ( ABC this past season)
#20 Birds of Prey ( Mia Sara )
#21 The Help ( Mindy Cohn)
#22 Scorch ( Brenda Strong )
#23 You Wish
#24 Nearly Departed ( Eric Idle)
#25 Mrs Columbo ( Kate Mulgrew)
#26 Baby Boom ( kate Jackson )
#27 Models Inc ( spinoff of Melrose Place)
#28 Fudge ( based on Judy Bloom Books)
These are just a few I would buy if they were released. I spent most of my childhood recording this stuff, but I still want them on dvd. Besides my old tapes are starting to fade. I will say I have been very impressed over some of the stuff that has been released recently like The Flash , Tabitha, Greatest American hero and upcoming releases like Jack Of All Trades, so there is hope. I have a whole website of episode guides and pics from short lived series -- alot of you would get a kick out of it --- www.freewebs.com/rjbrainchild -- check it out for a lot of old tv memories.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
I'd also like to see on DVD what many consider the worst sitcom of all time: My Mother The Car which is owned by Sony. I saw some episodes on the late, lamented Trio cable channel, and it wasn't as bad as some might say, considering the crap that's come down the pike the following 40 years.
With the successful Gidget release, and Brisco coming, there are sure to be more single/double season shows with a following to be released. Does anyone know who owns the DVD rights to Camp Runamuck??
I forgot to talk about the one "lost" sitcom I want most of all to be released: the Growing Pains spinoff Just The Ten Of Us!!!

michael_ks

Screenwriter
I'd also like to see on DVD what many consider the worst sitcom of all time: My Mother The Car
MMTC is Shakespeare next to "The Munsters Today" and "Holmes and Yo-Yo", which coincidentally, both featured John Schuck. IMO it's not really possible for a pre-1972 series to garner the distinction of worst comedy, drama or whatever. There's a multitude of TV series drivel that followed in its wake.

Sylvia*ST

Stunt Coordinator
My favorite short-lived series is Outlaws, a Universal series on CBS which only managed to run six episodes mostly because the network moved it to a different day/time each of the six weeks. It starred Rod Taylor, Richard Roundtree and Charlie Napier and was about a bunch of bank robbers and a marshall who fled into a mystical Native American burial ground 100 years ago and were zapped into contemporary Houston--gold intact. Witty, charming, wonderful show.

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
If and when My Living Doll comes out on official DVD, I'll definitely be there to get it. I also liked Just The Ten of Us and would buy that. I'm not sure it was on short enough for this thread but I'd also buy My Two Dads. I'd rather see Staci Keanan in that (when she was still cute and sweet) than in the horrible Step By Step...

Michael_Sim

Auditioning
For me, in no particular order,

Strange World

John Doe

Prey

Brimstone

Veritas: The Quest

Something Is Out There (the mini-series)

Project UFO

I'd put in Early Edition too, except that it wasn't short-lived!

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
I was just remembering that I would absolutely LOVE to have the 1998 Jeremy Piven/Paula Marshall show "Cupid" on DVD. Creator Rob Thomas is now known for "Veronica Mars" and Piven is hot because of "Entourage"... come on Sony, get on the ball!!

MarkWK

Agent
I wouldn't nimd seeing a show from 1972 called "Temperatures Rising". Just the first season though that featured Cleavon Little. After the first season, Paul Lynde was brought in and I stopped watching it. Thought it was a pretty funny show at the time. This was a hospital based comedy way before Scrubs.

Mark

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
SIERRA, Jack Webb's show about forest rangers. I think that there may have been a crossover episode from EMERGENCY! on this one.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
"Delvecchio" (1976), two seasons only. Judd Hirsch and Charles Haid made a great team, a decade later they both appeared in "The Great Escape 2".
v5416.gif

ChrisCAB

Stunt Coordinator
Someone mentioned Manimal! Awesome - that just made my day.

Phenom would be nice too - love the themesong

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks