What's new

SHIP OF FOOLS/ LILITH Blu Ray double feature in March. (1 Viewer)

kagemusha98

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken Koc
I just read on DVD Beaver that Mill Creek is releasing SHIP OF FOOLS and LILITH double feature on Blu in March for under $10! Is that possible?.....what can one expect of the quality of the transfers? It is up for pre order on Amazon.

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
Wal-Mart is selling these already for $5. I picked up Hudson Hawk/Hollywood Homicide for that price.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Ship of Fools and Lilith is a weird pairing. The only thing those two films have in common is that they're both black and white?? Nevertheless, I'd gladly buy them at Walmart for $5!

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Bought that, and a pair of spaghetti westerns, a couple of days ago. Yes, the pairing is weird and plays havoc on your filing system, and the spine is ugly, and they're bare bones...but they're $2.50 per film, and they look damned fine. I only wish there were more movies I wanted out of the dozen or so double features they had there.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Well, at least Hudson Hawk and Hollywood Homicide have things in common! The initials of both films are "HH." And they were both bombs.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by haineshisway
Quality on both is fine - Lilith especially looks terrific - but it's Sony, so...
Thanks for the heads up as I purchased that double feature this morning. Not bad for $5.30 sales tax included.
Crawdaddy

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
What's the aspect ratio on Ship of Fools? Seems like my DVD is an open matte 1.33:1 transfer, but I haven't watched it in quite some time so I could be mistaken. Shouldn't it be 1.66:1?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by MattH.
What's the aspect ratio on Ship of Fools? Seems like my DVD is an open matte 1.33:1 transfer, but I haven't watched it in quite some time so I could be mistaken. Shouldn't it be 1.66:1?
The 2003 DVD release was 1.33:1, but the 2008 DVD release in the Stanley Kramer boxset collection was 1.85:1
The BRD is 1.85:1 too.
Crawdaddy

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Robert Crawford said:
Thanks for the heads up as I purchased that double feature this morning.  Not bad for $5.30 sales tax included. Crawdaddy
Where are you finding this at Walmart? I've scoured just about every movie section in 2 different stores and can't find it, unless it is in one of the "dump" bins that I don't have the inclination to dig through. Walmart has absolutely no rhyme or reason to the layout of their titles which are a hodge-podge all over the place.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I saw some of the Sony Mill Creek double features in a dump bin here in NJ a few weeks ago. The weren't on the shelves.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Mine were in a middle-of-aisle corrugated display thingy with 12 (or however many there were) sections specifically holding these Mill Creek double features.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Mark-P
Where are you finding this at Walmart? I've scoured just about every movie section in 2 different stores and can't find it, unless it is in one of the "dump" bins that I don't have the inclination to dig through. Walmart has absolutely no rhyme or reason to the layout of their titles which are a hodge-podge all over the place.
Yes, I found it at Walmart. It was located in a regular display along with other titles including other Mill Creek releases. Also, there were at least six more copies of it after I took mine out of the shelf.
Crawdaddy

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Dug trough the Mill Creek dump display and found the title. It took about five minutes to find. I find it funny whenever anyone starts searching the dump bins it always attracts attention and soon there are four or five others going through it too. Transfers are quite good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks