What's new

Shielding? (1 Viewer)

Ryan Leemhuis

Second Unit
I want to use a D25AG tweeter from vifa's classic line. Aluminum dome. I would like to use the dual chambered design as the lower resonance is really nice. However, this design does not come in a shielded version. If I was to get a bucking magnet from partsexpress how much of the magnetic field does it remove? Basically, how close can I put it to my TV? Secondly, Does the dual chamber design not allow for bucking magnents to be used. I am not sure where the magnet is in these designs.

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
For them to work effectively, bucking magnets need to be directly attached to the magnet of the driver

Ryan Leemhuis

Second Unit
does this mean that this is not an option for a dual chambered design? If not is there another option?

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think tweeters generate much in the way of electromagnetic interference.

I say don't bother with the bucking magnets. Get a shielded woofer and you're good.

Ryan Leemhuis

Second Unit
Can anyone confirm this? Or would a bucking magnet eliminate almost all the magnetic field on a tweeter? I want to get them soon but this is holding me up

John E Janowitz

Second Unit
There is no way to shield this particular driver. You need to attach the bucking magnet to the back plate, and with the chamber there you can't do it.

My best suggestion is to use something from Seas where they use the shielding cup as the chamber. The 27TDFC/TV is a great tweeter for $27.50. It seems that Seas is discontinuing all the shielded tweeters for some reason thouhg.

John

Ryan Leemhuis

Second Unit
I was wondering about if it would even be possible. Too bad, I really liked the dual chamber. Guess I will look at the one you recommended and see if it would match up well with my woofers

Ryan Leemhuis

Second Unit
Looks pretty nice I might have to go for that. Is it bad to go for non-metal tweeter in HT intended designs?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks