What's new

Sherwood receivers, any good? (1 Viewer)

Linear_BL

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin A.
Hello,

It has been rather difficult to find a clear cut opinion on Sherwood as a brand for surround receivers. I am interested in building a moderate 7.1 system and have been eyeing the Sherwood RD-7505. It looks good on paper.. my concern is that there are no reviews on Parts-Express, and I can only find opinions on Amazon (and I am not too confident in the Amazon.com consumer-base for accurate reviews).

Does anyone have any experience/input regarding the particular unit or Sherwood brand-name?

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=252-214

Thanks,
Kevin

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I would take Sherwood over Pyle and the ebay fodder (Theater Solutions, Theater research, etc) but that's about it. A toss-up with Sony and Insignia. I'd stick to the basics like Onkyo, Pioneer, Yamaha, Denon, H/K, Marantz.Refurbs from Ac4l.com is where we recommend those on a budget look. Newegg.com can also have some great deals as can Onkyo's own web store.

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
I've had several Newcastle components and was very happy with them. But the standard Sherwood pieces are not very good, IMO.

I agree with Sam & Gene, in that price range you're better off looking for discounted name brand components from Yamaha, Marantz, Onkyo, etc. I'll also second the Accessories4Less recommendation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks