What's new

Sherwood R-965 problems (1 Viewer)

Have R965 receiver that I have owned for approx 2.5 years. As I was building my house I did not use for 1 year and now have recently put back in to use. My problem is everything was working fine for approx 1 month and now I seem to be having problems. First my Optical 2 input quit, verified by reassigning same equipment to optical 3 and now I can't seem to get my subwoofer to work. Even when I try to do an auto set up it does not detect the sub. I have the sub set to active and the power assign to room 2 with room 2 feed off. I have power to the sub. Is their anything that I'm missing or is my receiver screwed? Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff Hipps

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry to hear of your problems. I think the first step to diagnose the cause will be to re-set the microprocessor in your receiver.

To successfully reset this receiver you need to start with the unit in the Standby Mode.
To put the unit in the standby mode simply press the standby button when the unit is On
or unplug the power cord from 120V AC and then plug it back in. Once in Standby
Mode: Locate the TONE MODE & ROOM 2 buttons behind the drop down panel on
the front of the receiver. Press and hold down both the TONE MODE & ROOM 2
buttons simultaneously and for at least 3 seconds. This will reset this unit. After you have
reset this unit turn it back on. You should notice that the receiver powers up at 87.5 FM
if the reset was successful. If not, repeat the reset process.

If this doesn't solve your problem, drop me a note at: [email protected]

Thanks for the help but I have found my problems. First their was fuse blown on the sub, had to remove plate to find. Secondly I think the optical quit because my ps3 was on bitstream and not pcm. Found out yesterday so I will see if this corrects everything.

Hey Phillip Your right I said that wrong. It was on bitstream not PCM. Will this make your optical on my receiver not work?

Thanks

Hey Phillip Your right I said that wrong. It was on PCM not bitstream. Will this make your optical on my receiver not work?

Thanks

legrand4d

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Platis
I noticed your post with the instructions on how to reset the microprocessor in the Sherwood R-965. I've had a new R-965 in a box for the past year, and finally was able to set it up. I've been trying to set up the various features but got in a rut where I was no longer able to hear any surround sound. Out of desperatin, I followed your instructions to reset the processor so I could start the set up procedure anew. Now I cannot get the on screen display (OSD) to work. in fact, none of the remote activities work. I'm assuming the firmware needs to be re-entered, and if that is true is there a way to reload the firmware? Or, is there another solution you would suggest? Thanks, Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks