What's new

Sherlock Holmes Box-Set (Jeremy Brett) Japanese version? (1 Viewer)

John CW

Supporting Actor
Anyone seen the Japanese boxset of this wonderful series? Is the picture quality any good etc? I'd love to know more about this... but the only reviews I can find online are in Japanese.

Even with Babel fish all I get is sentences like (and I quote): "When looking at this work for the first time with NHK, the gooseflesh stood in the world view where the thing was constructed beautifully."

Help :)

~ Johnny

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
No info on the Japanese release I'm afraid.

There is however a complete boxset coming out shortly in the UK (23 disks), now due 12th May according to Amazon.co.uk where I ordered it from. Its £125 so around $180. Hopefully will be better quality than the US releases although Granada are not known for remastering their old TV series on DVD.

Happy to post some comments when I eventually get it :)

James Reader

Screenwriter
They'll be NTSC, so the player and/or monitor won't have to convert the signal, but they will be encoded R2, so the play will need to play all regions.

John CW

Supporting Actor
I'm surprised no-one has bought at least one of the DVD's and tried to review it. I did notice that every review for the DVD's on Amazon.co.jp gave them 5 stars, so that must mean something!

Although I suppose it's worth waiting to see what Granada's version is like. Strange thing is, almost all of the amazon.co.jp reviews kept mentioning "cuts" made and these being the FULL versions? Strange.

~ Johnny

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks