What's new

Shazam (1 Viewer)

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Classic44 said:
I tried the coupon code but it didn't work. Still thinking about getting a second copy. My grand son is burning my first copy up.
make sure you type it ALL CAPS. I tried it lowercase the first time and it didn't work. SAVE5 (also, remember, no spaces and no dollar sign) and through the Warner Archive Collection site.

Classic44

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
AndyMcKinney said:
make sure you type it ALL CAPS. I tried it lowercase the first time and it didn't work. SAVE5 (also, remember, no spaces and no dollar sign) and through the Warner Archive Collection site.
I double checked and it's still invalid. I even copied what you typed and put it in and got the same thing. The website might have noticed these coming through and shut it down. I appreciate you letting everyone know though. At least you got yours discounted, which is great. Awesome price!!!

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Classic44 said:
I double checked and it's still invalid. I even copied what you typed and put it in and got the same thing. The website might have noticed these coming through and shut it down. I appreciate you letting everyone know though. At least you got yours discounted, which is great. Awesome price!!!
The coupon code was distributed in the very same email ad as the one promoting the Shazam set (amongst others) as 25% off, so according to the ad, you could (and I did) use them together.
Did you perhaps try to check-out as a "guest"? If so, maybe it's reserved for registered users? Or, maybe it only works if you're a registered users and clicked-in through that emailed ad?

Classic44

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
This is making me ill...:( I'm logged into the WB's site, put the box set in my cart, checked out and then when it came to select my card and enter the coupon code it STILL says it's invalid. I typed in SAVE5 and hit apply. It says "The coupon code you have entered is not valid." What am I doing wrong? I don't get it. I also checked my 30% ad and it does not show the code to take an additional $5.00 off.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Part of me is bummed knowing that you can get this set for less than $20.00 (I paid $48.00) :eek:, but then again, they only made so many of these as "Pressed" DVDs (I got this kind) :D, from now on they will be "Burned" DVDs. I don't know how many were "Pressed" and if anyone is still getting these kind, perhaps those who are getting this Show at the discounted price can mention if they got one version or the other.
AFAIC this isn't the first time I got something, only to find out I could have got it cheaper, and I know it won't be the last! :laugh:

Classic44

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
My initial set is pressed. So these discounted sets, even with the original artwork are no longer pressed?

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I haven't got mine yet but have no doubt it will be pressed. There have been no reports of any title running out yet so I think they are pressing alot. Not that it matters if you are able to buy direct from WA, since the quality is the same and both are guaranteed by Warner Archive.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Classic44 said:
My initial set is pressed. So these discounted sets, even with the original artwork are no longer pressed?
From what I understand, the "exclusive" variant (the one with the artwork cover) is supposed to be all on pressed discs, so I would think as long as a person buys the "exclusive" variant, they're okay, until stock is depleted (it is "limited", after all). As for the photographic cover (the "unlimited" one), I don't know whether initial quantities of those were also pressed or not, but that is the version that will be going to DVD-R at some point (if not already).

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
I wish I had found this thread sooner. I was just about to pull the trigger and buy this set, but I see that Warner's site has it listed as "Made to Order"...

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Don Giro said:
I wish I had found this thread sooner. I was just about to pull the trigger and buy this set, but I see that Warner's site has it listed as "Made to Order"...
I bought this set when it came out, and my disks are of the "Pressed" variety. I do not know if they've sold all of these or not. On the flip side I also ordered Korg 70,000 BC when it came out, unfortunately they were not pressed, so WB does not do all of their initial runs pressed. Win some, lose some! :cool:

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Don Giro said:
It has always said "Made to Order" on their website. You can't go by that. They list them that way so they don't have to "guarantee" a pressed set to anybody.
If you buy the one with the "exclusive" artwork (purchased directly from WB), you'll be getting a pressed set. I was told that all of the "exclusive artwork" ones are of the pressed variety (they're a limited-quantity run). It's the "unlimited" artwork (photo cover) one you can't be sure about.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Does anybody know where the majority of the outdoor scenes were filmed? Obviously near Los Angeles, but where exactly?
They always seem to be driving high up in the rural mountains somewhere instead of the city (with a few exceptions).
It reminds me of Angeles Crest Highway near the Angeles National Forest in California.
I get a warm feeling watching the show because it is always sunny and peaceful (even with all the hijinks goings-on).

DaveHof

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
Some of the town/city scenes were shot in Glendale and Sundale, Occasionally you can pick up a street sign in the episode that will provide an exact location. But I'm not sure about the more rural locations.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
AndyMcKinney said:
It has always said "Made to Order" on their website. You can't go by that. They list them that way so they don't have to "guarantee" a pressed set to anybody.
If you buy the one with the "exclusive" artwork (purchased directly from WB), you'll be getting a pressed set. I was told that all of the "exclusive artwork" ones are of the pressed variety (they're a limited-quantity run). It's the "unlimited" artwork (photo cover) one you can't be sure about.
Thanks for the info! I just placed my order. I'm too late for all the discounts mentioned earlier in the thread, but I've wanted this collection for some time now, so I'm not gonna make a fuss!

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by DaveHof
Some of the town/city scenes were shot in Glendale and Sundale, Occasionally you can pick up a street sign in the episode that will provide an exact location. But I'm not sure about the more rural locations.
Thanks! I watched another episode last night called fool's gold. Looks like the Vasquez Rocks

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I bit the bullet and ordered the exclusive cover art version from the Warner Archive shop last night. I paid full price but got free shipping; I just didn't want to risk missing a pressed disc set. I bought Isis: The Complete Series when it first released from BCI Eclipse a few years back, so I'm glad to finally have both series on DVD. Darby

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
AndyMcKinney said:
It has always said "Made to Order" on their website. You can't go by that. They list them that way so they don't have to "guarantee" a pressed set to anybody. If you buy the one with the "exclusive" artwork (purchased directly from WB), you'll be getting a pressed set. I was told that all of the "exclusive artwork" ones are of the pressed variety (they're a limited-quantity run). It's the "unlimited" artwork (photo cover) one you can't be sure about.
The WA website does not currently say the exclusive artwork copies are a limited run. I think it did previously. I just ordered this set on New Year's Eve so I hope it is indeed pressed.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
Got mine today, and happy to say, they're pressed discs! I always knew the show was "cheesy," but I overlooked it because I was (am) a huge Captain Marvel fan. It's nice to have these discs in my collection. I still say Michael Gray was ten years too old to play Billy Batson (and doesn't appear to have a neck), and that Jackson Bostwick has a southern twang to his voice that really takes away from the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks