What's new

Shawshank Redemption: 10th Anniversary 2-disc Edition - 10/05 (1 Viewer)

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
Another willing double-dib. I'll just give my old one to my parents since they loved the movie and don't really care about special features.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
Another willing double-dib. I'll just give my old one to my parents since they loved the movie and don't really care about special features.

John Alderson

Supporting Actor
I bought the original disc on the day it came out, but have only watched it once. I think I had seen it too much to really feel like rewatching it. I think I'll pass on the SE, as deserving as this film is of getting one.

John Alderson

Supporting Actor
I bought the original disc on the day it came out, but have only watched it once. I think I had seen it too much to really feel like rewatching it. I think I'll pass on the SE, as deserving as this film is of getting one.

Jeannette Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds good. I hope the new transfer looks sweet. Whats with that artwork though?. Tim Robbins looks like he just saw a ghost.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
The floating heads don't do much for me. I prefer the rain shot myself. Still the deluxe edition with the soundtrack included will find a home at my place.

Jon Mahoney

Stunt Coordinator
Why do we always have to get floating heads? I much prefer the rain shot on the current version, or even the new poster art in this thread. I may have to get the LE since atleast he heads are smaller!

No problem double dipping on this one, my favorite movie of all time.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
A little light an the extras I think, but hopefully the "two in-depth documentaries" are over 30 minutes. You never know. Yeah the cover looks weird at first but I already like it after looking at it for a bit. One of the best films of the 1990s! Took 'em long enough. Can't wait for that commentary...

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
As far as floating head covers go, that ones not too bad, although I agree there was nothing wrong with the original one.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Hopefully the floating heads cover won't be a recurring thing with Warner...We've already lost all the other studios.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Well, we have.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I think that cover art's pretty slick. I guess those 4 pictures are just regular and 3D perspectives and it's gonna be a slip case with the amaray feaured in the top 2 pics...

I sold my snapper months ago, can't wait to upgrade!

:emoji_thumbsup:

Allan^L

Stunt Coordinator

I saw that doc when I was in England a few years ago. It's excellent. Can't wait until October. The whole fourth quarter of this year is going to be expensive!

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Beautiful. I have no problem with the art. Finally a deserving release for this great film.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Artwork looks good.

The limited edition looks cool, but I never spring for any of those deluxe box things. What am I gonna do with a book and a CD if all I want are the DVDs?

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

The orginal's DVD art has floating heads as well, so I don't see the beef with the new ones as they are much more artful floating heads.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks