What's new

Sharp XR-30X and PS3 issue. (1 Viewer)

hsthompson

Auditioning
Real Name
jay
I currently can watch Netflix through my Xbox360 but I do have to change the setting down to 720p in order for it to work with my Sharp XR-30X projector. Its gives a nice picture that I will not complain about. The cable is one of those HDMI to DVI-D, no true HDMI port on this Sharp. I also have a PS3. PS3 plays Blurays but for some reason it does not want to talk to my projector. Even if I change the PS3's video setting to auto or even manually change the setting to 720p the projector says something like no RGB detected. Am I doing something wrong on the PS3's settings? Do I have to buy a new projector or another Bluray player? My PS3 is of the newer design and the projector is about 4-5yrs old. I want to watch movies in 1080p. Any input on those 1080p projectors on Ebay under $300? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

hsthompson

Auditioning
Real Name
jay
I know it can't do 1080p. I want to know why my PS3 changed to 720P setting will not work on a projector that handles 720P when my Xbox360 can. I know I'm not the only one here that has used consoles for this purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks