What's new

Shall we dance? Arranged Halo 2 match April 30, 2005 to celebrate updates! (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Okay, so the new updates are out and as a mad grenade chucker, it has helped me tremendously! ;)

Although they did nothing to lessen that damned plasma pistol/battle rifle combo :angry: God I hate that! I swear I die right as soon as that frickin' green glob hits me, people are so good at it!

Anyway, in order to celebrate the release of v1.1 I'm proposing a Saturday April 30th 2005. I haven't decided on a time yet, and I'm West Coast U.S., but I think I'll be free most of that day.

What works for most people? Everyone please choose a first choice and second choice for times (and you can be lazy and just reply 1,3 if option 1 is your first choice and 3 is your second choice)

1. 12PM PST / 3PM EST
2. 3PM PST / 6PM EST
3. 6PM PST / 9PM EST

After I get replies, we'll settle on a start time. Of course anyone's welcome to log on at any time and get the festivities started w/ any other HTF'ers who happen to be online ;)

Let the grenades fly~!

EDIT: Looks like 6PM PST [9PM EST] on Saturday Apr. 30 is the winner.

Of course all people are welcome to log on earlier or later, 6PM is just the recommended rendezvous time.

ATTENTION! If anyone isn't in the clan and wants to play, be sure to message Bruin96, because you won't get the clan invite I'm sending out to the clan.

I can't send an all-invite to my friends list because most of them aren't HTF members.

Remember, this is not restricted to Clan members only, but to HTF members (the forum), so even if you're NOT in the HTF2 Clan, message me and you'll get an invite.

TimG

Second Unit
Man, I forgot completely about the new maps. :angry:
I have better luck getting free later at night, 10:00pm Central time and later. If later doesn't work for others then #2 or #3.

TimG

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Man, I haven't been online for months. First I went back to finish GTA San And (loving it) and before I even finished that I went out of town for a week, and then when I got back I was so off my fix need that I focused on real life stuff. :)

Need to get back on and get some use out of my Live subscription, especially with an apparent update to the game.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Well for now, everyone will need the free AutoUpdate, which fixes a lot of the glitches/exploits/cheats and also re-balances weapon play (you can read about it at Bungie).

The new Maps are a whole 'nother thing. 2 will be free, 2 will be pay. I plan to pay but I'm sure some won't, but it isn't a requirement for this match anyway (the 2 free ones will be, not the pay).

Sergey M

Stunt Coordinator
Carlo, I'm in too (UncleSam1). Haven't played in few months so I'm a bit rusty.

As far as the time goes, #3 and #2 in this order.

James T

Screenwriter
3, 2, 1

I'll need to practice though. My first few games playing with the new updates, I got my ass glued to my face.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
:laugh: it can't have been that bad!

Bill & Seth, care to put down any times you prefer? No need to add new posts, just edit your existing ones with your preferred gaming times. #3 seems to be in the lead, with #2 at second place.

TimG

Second Unit
I played some last night, just an hour or so. I didn't see any of the new maps though. Is that included in the update or do you have to go somewhere special to get them? I also noticed a lot more people using grenades then there used to be.

TimG

Nevermind the map question, I guess they don't come out until Mon. the 25th. :frowning:

RichardK

Second Unit
Im in

RICHUT96...the later the better for me. I'll try and join by 9pm CST if that is when you decide to play...-RichardK

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Keep in mind, all, that all we are voting on is a recommended start time!

Most likely, because of the anticipation, some members will be on earlier (last match I arranged, I logged on a little early and there were already like 5-6 guys playing online).

And as anyone who's been in these knows...it could go on for hours and hours. So even if we choose, say 6PM Pac Time, a subset of us will probably be playing until midnight Pac-time ;)

And yes the new maps come out on Monday. We will definitely want to put the free maps through their paces, so please at least download those maps prior to 4/30. If it just so happens that everyone has paid for the other 2 maps, we'll play on those too, but no pressure on anyone to actually pay for them if they don't want to.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
BTW - feel free to PM or email any fellow HTF'ers and refer them to this thread. I PM'd just about everyone who posted on the last Arranged Match thread, but I'm sure there are others out there that I missed.

New maps tomorrow, woo-hoo! :D

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
3 for me, can't play until after the kid's bedtime. I haven't been on in a couple of weeks so haven't played with the new updates yet. Hopefully tomorrow night I'll be on and play around with the new maps.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter

Xbox Live...a collection of scum and villainy :D

Oh, yeah, count me in for the shoot-em-up as well. Option #3 works for me. If it's unranked, Jennifer will most likely join in as well. Look for me under "Sunscreen"...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks