What's new

SG-1 Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Eric F

Screenwriter
Looking forward to this. Love the show, and at ~$40 per set it can't be beat.

I do have one complaint:Season 3 was [at times] a pixelated mess. Way too soft and grainy. I realize squeezing 5 episodes on a DVD is a problem, but I'd say some of the episodes were pretty poor.

I love the series so much I think I'd be willing to pay $5-$10 more retail if they would spread it out more on another DVD. Not much chance of that happening at this point.

So what's the release schedule looking like for the final 3 seasons? If they keep releasing a season every 3mos, Season 7 should be finished by then.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Did they? That's good I guess. I suppose they'll start spacing out the releases again.

I don't like watching Sci-Fi because it's one of my poorest analog channels. No widescreen or DD either.:)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
also sci-fi has the stargate spinoff in the works which is supposedly gonna take place under water. i guess this new show will air after s8 finishes up.

Richard Ruffner

Stunt Coordinator
Stargate: Atlantis
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

Mark Silver

Stunt Coordinator
Stargate: Atlantis will be introduced at the end of Sg-1 Season 7 and will run concurrently with the beginning of SG-1 Season 8 (per gateworld.net).

Eric F

Screenwriter
Atlantis will probably be a cheaper show to produce as they don't need as many sets.

I'm hoping it's good, but don't have high expectations.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Why don't they need many sets? Since we don't know anything about the show, I wouldn't assume anything.

SG-1 inherited much of its sets (the really expensive stuff) from the Stargate movie. If anything, Atlantis may be MORE expensive since they'll have to build from scratch

Eric F

Screenwriter
I read somewhere that they won't do any traveling in the show, partly to keep the production costs down. I think it was Ain't it Cool.

Hoping it's good. Now that I have SHO-HD I'm kind of bummed they gave up the rights to SG-1. Need more SF in HD.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I read somewhere that they won't do any traveling in the show, partly to keep the production costs down. I think it was Ain't it Cool.
AICN is not exactly a reliable source. Not having any travelling in the show is a recipe for cancellation

Eric F

Screenwriter
It seems like PQ in this set is the best yet- even with 5 episodes per disc and commentary for every episode.

Not as good as it could be, but still pretty good.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I have only watched the first 2 discs of season 4 so far but they only had 4 episodes each. The 5.1 on this set is the best yet, the directional effects are great. Having a commentary for each episode is great i just wish there was a few with the cast members. Maybe on S5 ? :)

The episode "Double Jeopardy" does have commentary by Michael Shanks (because he directed the episode). It is interesting. I do wish that the other cast members (especially Amanda Tapping) had participated in a commentary.

Eric F

Screenwriter
I think they went overboard on the commentary. One or two of the better episodes per disc would have been fine. I doubt they had time to get the cast to come in and record it.

I do have to say I'm pleasantly surprised at the direction the show has taken in its 4th season. It really seems to have hit its stride this season.

Brad Nilsson

Agent
I'm still watching the Season Three episodes. What are the commentaries like for Season Four? Interesting or just filler?

Thanks,

Brad Nilsson

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
I haven't had the time to listen to any of them, but Peter DeLuise is at least amusing to listen to. Since he directed a number of episodes, he must have a commentary or three... or more...

I've been working on watching Alias, Angel and CSI, in addition to SG-1... so I'm making slow progress.

-Scott

Eric F

Screenwriter
Does anyone have the time (or patience) to rewatch the entire season with commentary?

That's why I like the B5 approach- take a few of the better/more pivotal episodes, and mix up the commentary between the cast and crew.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I'm going through the commentaries now, and there is some borning stuff, but a lot of good stuff too. I'd suggest watching about 1 a week.

To answer Eric's question, yes, the quality did go up. They switched from 16mm to 35mm film.

Glenn

George Cifrancis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
George
I have been running a website for actress Jessica Steen at www.jessicasteen.com for over 8 years now. She plays a character in the last 2 episodes of this season which serves as a pilot for Stargate: Atlantis. If Atlantis gets the green light she should have a lead part in it. After I found that out I decided to start watching Stargate SG-1 from the beginning and have bought and watched the first 4 seasons on DVD. I am now watching Season 5 as Sci-Fi Channel airs 4 episodes of it each Monday. I hope to be caught up by the time the season 7 finale airs sometime around March next year. I have really enjoyed the series so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks