What's new

Several hundred Warner DVDs are going OOP (1 Viewer)

John Pannozzi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Francis Pannozzi
Don't tell me both seasons of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends are out of print, or they just mean the combo pack? I hope this doesn't mean another nail in Foster's DVD coffin.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Originally Posted by ahollis

I think what we are seeing is a complete change in how DVD's will be marketed. In the past years at both Virgin and Tower you would go into the stores starting about now and see display after display of the collections, Holiday Collection, Astaire and Rogers, The Thin Man, Paul Newman, John Wayne and Liz Taylor. People would be carting them off by the handfuls out of those stores. Now those outlets are gone and it just does not make any sense to hold on to those in the film companies warehouses, so the companies just get rid of the stock and don't press any more.
Yep. Add to it that it's known that at least one of the Astaire/Rogers films is being prepped for Blu-ray. Best to sell off remaining DVD stock and not print more in preparation if selling them again to the HD consumers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks