What's new

International Seven Sony Classics coming to blu-ray June 13, 2013 in Germany. (1 Viewer)

kagemusha98

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken Koc
The buying power of classic films in Germany must be greater than that of the United States.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
If OLIVER! and THE CHINA SYNDROME are not announced for U.S. release by late spring, I'm all-in for Germany's releases, which will cost me roughly $20.00 U.S. per title, shipped from Amazon. Ah, the many benefits of all-region players!

kagemusha98

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken Koc
TERMS OF ENDEARMENT and MARATHON MAN are coming on Blu ray in April................in France.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
kagemusha98 said:
TERMS OF ENDEARMENT and MARATHON MAN are coming on Blu ray in April................in France.
Marathon Man had better not have forced sub-titles! But then again, it'll probably come out in another European country a few months later.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Most of these titles are also being released by Sony in Italy per Amazon.it . Does anyone know if other than the language on the cover if there is any difference between Sony discs sold in Germany and Italy ? Several threads have mentioned that Sony discs from Germany are region free.

The discs from Italy are currently cheaper. Shipping is more expensive to US from Italy, so depending how many discs you order, will determine which country it is cheaper to order from.

This is the third thread I have asked this question. For that I do apologize. The films in Italy are being released about a week later than the ones in Germany.

here is a link to Sleepless in Seattle from Amazon in Italy.

http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00CC6Z14K/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is a link to Tootsie. Already available in Germany but coming to Italy the same day as Sleepless.

http://www.amazon.it/Tootsie-Blu-ray/dp/B00CC6Z15E?SubscriptionId=AKIAIY4YSQJMFDJATNBA&tag=bluraycom0c-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00CC6Z15E&m=A11IL2PNWYJU7H

Guess Who Is Coming to Dinner?
http://www.amazon.it/Guess-Whos-Coming-to-Dinner-Blu-ray/dp/B00CC6Z1B8?SubscriptionId=AKIAIY4YSQJMFDJATNBA&tag=bluraycom0c-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00CC6Z1B8&m=A11IL2PNWYJU7H

No Age of Innocence in Italy yet.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
If you want some kind of confirmation that these will all be region-free, Amazon Italy has put up back-cover scans of all the titles and they show "Region ABC"!
813qPJeqVnL._AA1500_.jpg

Greg Krewet

Premium
Supporter
I am trying to order some of the Sony German Blurays from Amazon Germany My problem is that my order never goes through. I allways get a message stating there is a "problem with order", Using the Babylon translater,it allways states that there is something about my Texas address that will not allow for shipment. I recently ordered "Oliver" from them and after 2 weeks and a total of 27 atempts I managed to get an order through using my correct address. I received that order yesterday
I am now trying to order 4 more Blu Rays using the same address as what I received Oliver at and getting the same "problem with the order message. Can anyone offer any sugestions to get around this obstacle. I do not speak German and am using a translater program. I have had many sucessful deliveries from Amazon UK without a problem Thans in advance for any help that can be offered.
Greg

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Greg Krewet said:
I am trying to order some of the Sony German Blurays from Amazon Germany My problem is that my order never goes through. I allways get a message stating there is a "problem with order", Using the Babylon translater,it allways states that there is something about my Texas address that will not allow for shipment. I recently ordered "Oliver" from them and after 2 weeks and a total of 27 atempts I managed to get an order through using my correct address. I received that order yesterday
I am now trying to order 4 more Blu Rays using the same address as what I received Oliver at and getting the same "problem with the order message. Can anyone offer any sugestions to get around this obstacle. I do not speak German and am using a translater program. I have had many sucessful deliveries from Amazon UK without a problem Thans in advance for any help that can be offered.
Greg
You must make sure that everything in you cart is being sold by Amazon.de. If you have an item being sold by a marketplace seller or an associate it will not allow you to complete the order.

Greg Krewet

Premium
Supporter
Thank you Mark. Unfortunately I dont believe that is the problem. I checked that. In all cases it states 'shipping by Amazon" The items I am trying to order are Blu Rays of Tess, Sleepless in Seattle, Philadelphia and Tess (not Sony but also directly from Amazon. I had the same problem with Oliver but as I said after 27 attempts it somehow got through. I just attempted it again and this is the translated message I get next to all 4 items
"When your order is a small problem has occurred (see below). Sorry this item is not shipped at the desired location. You can either change the shipping address or delete the items from your order by clicking the pieces set to 0, and then click the Update button
Totally frustrating situation. Thank You for your sugestion

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Greg Krewet said:
Thank you Mark. Unfortunately I dont believe that is the problem. I checked that. In all cases it states 'shipping by Amazon" The items I am trying to order are Blu Rays of Tess, Sleepless in Seattle, Philadelphia and Tess (not Sony but also directly from Amazon. I had the same problem with Oliver but as I said after 27 attempts it somehow got through. I just attempted it again and this is the translated message I get next to all 4 items
"When your order is a small problem has occurred (see below). Sorry this item is not shipped at the desired location. You can either change the shipping address or delete the items from your order by clicking the pieces set to 0, and then click the Update button
Totally frustrating situation. Thank You for your sugestion
Trust me, that is the issue. The main listings for Sleepless in Seattle and Philadelphia are from Video & Game (AGB+Widerrufsbelehrung) for 13.59 Euros, and even though they are fullfilled by Amazon, they won't do international shipping. On the side where it says the German equivalent of "more buying choices" you can choose the one sold by Amazon.de for 13.99 Euros. Once you have all the affiliate sellers out of your cart you'll be fine.

Greg Krewet

Premium
Supporter
Thank you so much. That was the problem and the order went through. Hopefully I will be watching Tess within 10 days. Again Thank You

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I was having the exact same problem. Thanks for the info, Mark-P! I now have The China Syndrome and Tootsie winging their way across the Atlantic.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
OLIVER! really looks bad. It look like there has not been a restoration. For a Best Picture winner to look like this! IT looks just like the old DVD. I hope that TT will have a new transfer.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Ken Koc said:
OLIVER! really looks bad. It look like there has not been a restoration. For a Best Picture winner to look like this! IT looks just like the old DVD. I hope that TT will have a new transfer.
I'm thinking that TT will have exactly the same transfer. I don't really like the film, I love the musical, we put it on in our rough boys school in the early 60's It was still playing on stage in London, so only the school in the audience, no parents allowed. I understand that Lionel Bart never read the book, just saw the David Lean film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks