What's new

Setting up my first HT. This is what I have so far, looking for opinions. (1 Viewer)

Osueric27

Grip
Real Name
Eric Jones
I have done a lot of research and am ready to pull the trigger. Just want to bounce this off all the experts in here to get your thoughts.
Room size is 16x18x9' vaulted ceilings. The two walls I will be putting in-walls in are interior walls with no insulation.
Mostly we watch TV in this room, a ton of sports, but also movies and music.
Denon AVR 2312CI
Premier Acoustics PA-120
Speakercraft AIM LCR 1 for the front LR
Speakercraft AccuFit IW7 one for the two rears.
Sherwin Vega center ( friend of mine gave this to me).
Zone two - two outdoor speakers for the pool, just for music.
Zone three - two speakers for the office, just for music.
My only concern is the two fronts. They do not have enclosures so I am not sure how they will sound in the interior walls with no insulation. Any ideas here?
Thanks for all the help. Any and all suggestions/criticism are welcome. Just not too harsh as I am very new to all of this.
Eric

Osueric27

Grip
Real Name
Eric Jones
Jim Mcc said:
Why are you using in-wall speakers? That should be an absolute last choice scenario.
The prior owner had speakers in the wall and I don't want to have to patch the holes. Also, the wife wants them in the wall. She does not want them on the wall or on stands.
Also, I am not an audiophile by any means, so as long as the sound is good that is all I need. Nit looking for perfect.
I have heard the Speakercraft inwalls and they sound pretty good to me. My only concern is not having insulation and may want to build an enclosure.

Osueric27

Grip
Real Name
Eric Jones
mccambley said:
It is not just the bay the speaker is in but the whole wall will vibrate so there is no simply solution. Your biggest problem is the unmatched center channel. Consider adding another LCR speaker for the center in the future.
Ok, convinced my Wife to fill in the holes and go with bookshelves. So, couple questions.
Looking at the Paradigm's. Maybe the Atom. Can these be hung on the wall instead of using stands? Or what recommendations would you have for the fronts, rears, and center?

Osueric27

Grip
Real Name
Eric Jones
Also, my wiring is already in the wall so that is why I want to pat tach them.
Thanks for all the help.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
Maybe the Atom. Can these be hung on the wall instead of using stands?
Those speakers have a rear port on them, so it would not be advised to hang them on the wall...designed to use stands and set a few feet from the wall...

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Martino said:
Maybe the Atom. Can these be hung on the wall instead of using stands?
Those speakers have a rear port on them, so it would not be advised to hang them on the wall...designed to use stands and set a few feet from the wall...
I suggest checking with the manufacturer. For instance, Axioms hava a rear port and they sell a mount for wall hanging. If I had to guess I venture that you only have to have them a couple of inches from the wall, and they probably have a mount for that.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
I suggest checking with the manufacturer.
I checked their site for the atoms - has the following set for details - Design:
2-driver, 2-way bass reflex,
quasi-3rd-order resistive port,
bookshelf / stand-mounted
http://www.paradigm.com/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=viewlink&link_id=237&Itemid=2
There is nothing on their site that says these should be wall mounted....also note, these are over 10 lbs a piece...so if you do go with a wall mount - it must be able to support the weight...

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Page-7 of their manual discusses wall mounting (pilot holes are provided; brackets sold separately). It's one of those infernal copy protected pdf files, or I'd copy it in.
http://www.paradigm.com/index.php?option=com_joomdoc&task=doc_download&gid=1247&Itemid=8

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks