What's new

Setting Delays in receiver AND DVD? (1 Viewer)

Hello,
I placed this in another area but thought I would get a few more responses over hear.
I am running a pioneer 45TX and Pioneer dv47Ai. As you know you can set speaker distances in both the Receiver and DVD player. Should this be done or should I just put the DVD player down to the shortest distance it will go and put the real or remaining distance in the receiver? I am worried about over delaying the signal with 2 settings.

Jonathan M

Second Unit
Are you using a digital connection from the DVD player to the receiver, and have you set the DVD player to output the digital bitstream? If so, then the settings on the DVD player won't be doing anything, so no need to worry.

Yes, actually i have both the digital coax and the multi channel outs connected. Its used for dvda, sacd, and dvd etc.

Jonathan M

Second Unit
The delays in the DVD player will not effect the digital outs. Similarly the delays in the receiver will not effect the analog inputs. Thus, set the delays to the same in both player and receiver and have the best of all worlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks