What's new

Seti@home pt. 2 (1 Viewer)

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Chris,,So this is were you hide out.
wink.gif

Geeze,,I haven't checked for a while now,but I dropped from #66 down to #72..looks like I have some serious catching up to do.
------------------
Trevor
shellshock2.gif

Link Removed

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
My output might be a little slow over the next few days, and it could be permanent -- I'm on the verge of telling the asshole sales manager who thinks he's in charge of the software development staff at my company to kiss my ass. I've got all my personal belongings moved out, I've removed all traces of my personality from the computers I use, and I've got the company's keys moved to a separate keychain.
To borrow a phrase from Principal Ed Rooney, I'll leave his cheese dangling in the wind.

Chris Maynard

Supporting Actor
You tell em Wayne!
Isn't that the most f*cked up thing in the IT world? Everyone thinks they are an expert in the field of Information Technology. It pisses me off to no end.
Grrrrr!
I will pick up the slack Wayne.
Best of luck to ya!
------------------
I did nothing...I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be..

Chris White

Second Unit
Sorry to hear about your problems with the sales manager Wayne. It sounds like he's risen to his level of incompetence.
Meanwhile, progress marches on .....
Ranking Update!
All Seti Teams #175

------------------
The Whites' Home Theater Website
Pictures, DIY Projects, Glossaries, FAQ, Links, Toshiba Tips & Tweaks

Jeff Blair

Second Unit
Ok all of you NT brain people, I need your help.
I just got a batch file that will make SAH a service on NT. It runs great, but with one small problem. Whenever I look at the service, it is low priority. Is there a way using a .reg file to make it normal priority? Thanks guys.
------------------
Jeff Blair
It's not just a hobby, it's an obsession!
My DVD's

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the encouragement, guys. I was able to get the situation with the sales manager straightened out -- I talked to two members of the family that owns the company. It's difficult to explain the outcome but they made a few changes and the sales manager won't be on my back again.

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Whenever I look at the service, it is low priority.
Seti@Home sets its priority to low automatically. Mine runs at low priority as well (not as a service). This is normal, and keeps Seti from slowing down your PC when you actually use it. When the CPU is idle, Seti gets all the CPU time, but it relinquishes it when you need to actually use the PC.
I have Seti set up on my P3/500 at work and my P3/800 at home to run in the background all the time and it doesn't slow my system down one bit.
KJP

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
What is the problem with the 3.0 version of seti for windows??? I use the command line version, and it works fine, faster than the previous version. But this is posted on the home page of Seti@Home:
: We have taken the windows version 3.0 off the download site while we chase down a problem. We will soon release version 3.1. For those who are already running version 3.0, it is fine to continue running it. We will use the results and you will be given credit.
Jeff Peake

Robert Elrod

Agent
I was wondering the same thing... I have also noticed that the group stats haven't been updated in over a week. I have been processing a couple of units per day, and wanted to know where I stand in the team.
------------------
Robert Elrod
www.perfectfusion.com
Feel free to visit my DVD or Link Removed lists.

Joseph Howard

Stunt Coordinator
Ah yes, I finally made some time to upgrade
all my CPUs to seti 3.0 yesterday...alas! When
I went to the site to download the new version
it was unavailable.
Ah well, at least my computer lab will be able
to crunch away during the weekend.
--Joe
P.S. Chris! I almost had you for awhile, but you
have certainly moved far out ahead....DRAT!
------------------
Dr. Joseph Howard
Link Removed
"Imagine what you could do,
if you could do what you imagine."

Patrick R. Sklenar

Second Unit
I'm back! Been back in town a couple of days and restarted both my office and home crunching at that time. Up to 1139 w/u and 98.539th percentile. My next goal is to reach the 99% mark. :)
Being gone for so long, I'm astounded that I'm still in the top 25! :)
------------------
pat----
home: [email protected]
work: [email protected]

Chris White

Second Unit
Ranking Update!
All Seti Teams #172

Last week, the Cassiopeia Seti Group passed us, dropping us from #80 to #81 in the Club Team rankings. However, as of today we have passed them again and resumed our #80 spot.
------------------
The Whites' Home Theater Website
Pictures, DIY Projects, Glossaries, FAQ, Links, Toshiba Tips & Tweaks

Joseph Howard

Stunt Coordinator
Did anyone notice the new #1 team member?
Suddenly, there is someone (group) with 12,000 units!
Named: "KWSN> Delta Farce"... When did this happen!?
I've fallen to #5.
Drat!
But, good for the HTF Seti Team!!!!!! WooHoo!!
--Joe

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Is that a mistake? I followed KWSN's link to find that KWSN stands for "Knights Who Say Ni!". That happens to be the name of the team which is ranked 8th with 1.2 million units, and most of its 870 members have nicknames in the form of "KWSN - ". Did "KWSN - Delta Farce" defect to our team?
Either way, we're only a few thousand units away from 100,000.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Whoever KWSN is, I hope they stay. Maybe we could send them some nice donuts. :)
Even though they knocked me back down to #60.
I've got 300 UNITS now.
AND I'm at the bottom of page 7, which also has no significance!

Users who are viewing this thread