What's new

service menu (1 Viewer)

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Been reading thorought the display devices section and sawa something about service menus.... are these different from the normal menus on your TV? or are they only accesible via some sort of code?

I have a RCA D52130.... does this set have 'service menus', or is it just normal onscreen menus?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
All TV sets have service menus. You just need the proper remote or codes. You'd have to call RCA

Service menus are just that, for service people. You need to be very careful with what you do in there

Cagri

Second Unit
There is no need to go in the service menu unless there is a misadjusted setting there. Using S&V test pictures I found on my set (Loewe Calida) that geometry settings were not proper, and got in the service menu to fix them. Unless the settings are off too much, it isn't very easy to spot it without the test pictures though. From what I have read here, most sets have a common way to go in the service menu: you press the menu button on the set, and immediately you press the menu button on your remote. You better write down original settings in case you change something and save it by mistake. If you find out that some setting is wrong, try to get some information about your set's service menu before going in there, such as how you save the changes, how you exit without saving changes, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks