What's new

Series finales (1 Viewer)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of upcoming finales like Friends, I think that the way they'll go with that one is easier to predict than say the final episode of Frasier, I just don't know what they'll do there, perhaps it will have an ending like Cheers where you just know everything will be normal the next day?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, they're still ideas that they might use somewhere else, I figure.

Robert Hewitt Wolfe has told fans of Andromeda that he would lay out his original plans for the series after it ends, but wouldn't do so while it was still running because he feels it would be unprofessional; I've heard that the original producers of Earth: Final Conflict had similar plans.

Don Black

Screenwriter
The Roseanne finale was pretty brutal. They went so overboard during the last season on silly episodes that the real ending was just shocking. I had to pause and rewind several times to make sure I understood correctly.

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator

A big part of me wants Frasier to get back together with Lilith and the last shot being him walking into Cheers. It probably won't happen, but it would be nice to see him go back home. "Cheers" ended with us all knowing that the next day, everyone would be right back there. I'd like to see Frasier join them.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim

(1) Walking back into Cheers :emoji_thumbsup:
(2) Getting back together with Lilith -- surely you jest??!?!??

Might be artificial, say he gets a new gig in Boston and moves (as does Ros), that would be a plotline (albeit thin) to get him into Cheers, wouldn't it?

ToddR

Agent
But, would the new Frasier still hang out at a place like Cheers? The character evolved over the years and became much more of a snob. Seeing him pull up a barstool and order a beer just wouldn't work.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
They'd have to do the last few episodes like a 'soul searching' thing where he finds out that his new snobbery is not what he's all about and that he really belongs in Boston.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

you forget that when he first appeared on cheers he was more of a snob then he may be now.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
You guys are forgetting that there was an episode of Frasier where the whole family got together with the gang at Cheers. Niles was particularly funny in that setting.

Joel C

Screenwriter

Wasn't it Sean's wedding? I agree, it was a great way to end the show, considering they thought for most of the season that the graduation episode would be the last. The WB picked up the last chunk of episodes at the last minute (season 3 was only 17 or 18 episodes).

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman

Gotta disagree with you on that one, Ray. Babylon 5's series finale was an excellent epilogue that brought closure to the series.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter

Nope, it was Noel's wedding. Sean and Meghan kept breaking up...I can't remember if they did get married, but I'm pretty sure they didn't.

Paul>Wh

Agent
What about Quantum Leap's ending? Talking to the devil if I remember correctly. Didn't he just leap into non-existence?

M.A.S.H. was well done, though I saw it later in life.

Show's endings always make me sad though go figure, I guess it's the finality of it all and that the best ( most worth telling ) part of their lives are over. Cheers was an example of that to me. Not saying it was bad, just saying sad.
Paul

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
It's been years since I saw this when it was originally broadcast but if I recall he didn't leap into non-existence but rather just continued to leap. I think they also put a message up that stated he never returned to his original timeline.

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
This thread has shown me that my wife and I will watch ANY scifi that TV displays, at least for a little while.

:)

I don't miss Earth2 that much although I did watch it. I do miss Seaquest DSV. Roy Scheider rocks. Maybe I should set as a long term goal to watch all of the finales of those shows that I watched but didn't see the end due to scheduling conflicts.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
The one thing that got me sad with the finale of Cheers was even though the series wasn't technically over for the characters (i.e. they ended it as if nothing was ending), you can tell in the actors voices how upset they were that it was over.

George Wendt's voice was very shaky, you could tell that he was upset that the series was over (even though his character had no reason to be upset).

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator

I think he really wanted that job to continue. I saw/read him say in several interviews that he hoped they'd all be back together in five years doing it as a series again. That's partly why I've always held out hope for a reunion of some type.

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator

True, but it wasn't at Cheers and Sammy and Rebecca weren't there. It just wasn't complete. Now that "Becker" is over and Kirstie Alley doesn't seem too busy outside of those stupid Pier One ads, maybe they can get the entire gang back together.

Phil's line to Clavin was hilarious. It was something like:

"I'm Phil. Al's been dead for 15 years, you dumb son of a bitch".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks