What's new

Serial Mom in Anamorphic anytime soon? (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I looked in five stores: two Best Buys, a Circuit City, a Target, and a Borders. Nobody had it, so I just went ahead and bought it online.

It's nice to hear that it's an improvement.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Just to clarify, I didn't say it's not an upgrade - I never saw the old disc, so I don't know. (I plan to borrow it from a friend before my review goes online.) I just thought that the transfer was blah at best. Blah can be a step up from bad, of course, and this may well be the best "SM" has ever looked, but objectively, I still think it's blah.

Anyone have thoughts on the new commentary? I listened to it and then listened to the solo Waters chat from the old disc - they're both very similar IMO. Turner doesn't add much, and the new one largely just rehashes the same comments from the old one. Seems kinda redundant to me...

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

But the new one loses the more perverse elements of the older track, such as thoughts about Clinton and Lewinsky.

They're pretty equal, but I preferred the original commentary...

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I was wondering about that. When the old commentary was recorded, that stuff was relatively current.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks