What's new

Separates Budget (1 Viewer)

David S

Stunt Coordinator
"You can't go wrong with this combo and at $999 and $1499 retail, you are well within your budget"

Assuming a 20% discount? Is this what authorized Rotel dealers are offering these days. That's a great deal if he can get both for $2k (his budget).

gregD

Second Unit
$2k is a tricky budget... and the above suggestions have merit, but here's another posssibility... if you're looking to eventually have separates, how about throwing $500 of that at a newish low-powered receiver and use it as a pre-pro?... you could enjoy enough features, connectivity and processing power in the present while saving money for an upscale ($1500 - 3000) pre-pro in the future.

Take the remaining $1500 and throw that at a substantial power amp... recommend 200w x 5... and treat that as a more permanent investment... for power amps, used is not a bad way to go... just saw a used Rotel RMB1095 go for $1300 on Audiogon.

What should you REALLY spend the most on? -- speakers!

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Steve, I must agree with greg that you should spend most of your money on an amp. Doing this should help you down the road. Then again I would also agree with the others who recommend the Outlaw combo(950/7100) for $1700. If only they offered that price here in Canada I'd be all over it.

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks