What's new

Semi-Seperates setup? (1 Viewer)

Christopher M

Stunt Coordinator
OK, I just found out I can get the Denon 3803 for a steal ($575) vs. the $1400 for the 4802. So, I'm thinking I'll get the 3803 and add some outlaw Mono Blocks to make up for the power difference.

They will be powering Def Techs:
Front: BP10's
Center: CLR2000
A Surrounds: BPVX (Movies)
Rears: BPCX
B Surrounds: BPVX (DVD Audio)

So, I was thinking about getting the Outlaw Monoblocks since they are onsale. Can I get by with 3 (L/C/R) and use the Denon to power the surrounds and rears?
Then I can just get the Monoblocks as I can to fill in the rest.

Murdock

John S

Senior HTF Member
You can but beware, tonal differences between channels can just kill your proper digital surround imaging. I would get just the Denon first and see if you feel you really need more power. Them Denon watts is pretty good watts ya know.... lol

Now if you could get all new mean amps, that would be great, the Denon has a good enough pre-amp to stand right in there with very high end separates. IMHO (I actually like the sound of their power amps over nearly any other amp myself, but that is preference and I am in no way say'n they really perform as well as a lot of other amps. The Denon's just have a smoothness I really seem to love.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
So, I'm thinking I'll get the 3803 and add some outlaw Mono Blocks to make up for the power difference.
What power difference?

If you compare the 3803 vs. the 4802 you may think again about the need to add amps. The 3803 is rated for 110 wpc at 8-ohms, while the 4802 is 150 wpc at 6-ohms. Give the 4802 an 8-ohm load and it it’s power output will be about the same – perhaps even less – than the 3803.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks