What's new

Select Warner Box Sets 19.99 at Borders (1 Viewer)

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator
Was in Borders today, and a good number of the Warner box sets collections were discounted to $19.99. Not all are (I was hoping for Scorsese and Hitchcock... not so much), but I picked up the Film Noir collection. Titles that I know for sure are on sale include the Academy Awards II collection (with an American in Paris), the Humphrey Bogart collection, Christopher Guest (3 films), and a Barbara Streisand collection.

Again, I reiterate: Only a few of the Warner box sets are on sale. The ones that are make for a pretty good deal, though.

Brandon P

Auditioning
Thanks John! I picked up the Film Noir Volume 1 boxset. No signing or evidence of the sale anywhere. Someone looked it up for me and sure enough, $19.99. She then let me look through the "Borders book of sales". It was all their sales so it was hard to pick out the Warner sets. I believe that I saw a Elizabeth Taylor boxset and, as mentioned, a Humphrey Bogart boxset on the list.

Brandon

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
Bummer- didn't see the Bogart box. Went in a Borders today hoping to get the Film Noir Box #2... but nope- just the first one was in the sale, and I already have that...

Irina

Second Unit
Real Name
Irina

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I want to thank John, too!

I scored the last Film Noir Set #1 at my local Borders tonight. $19.99! Woohoo! :emoji_thumbsup:

$4 apiece for these films?! Crazy!

Thanks, dude!

Thomas J.

Stunt Coordinator
Picked up the Film Noir Collection Vol. 1 today.

Yep, I agree -- this was a steal of a deal! Even the cashier was in disbelief. John et. al. thanks a lot.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Chris A H

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for posting this, got mine this morning! This is definitely "secret" pricing, as no one at my Borders knew about it either.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hmmmmm. I wonder if there are any other "secret" prices at Borders that we are not clued into?!

No! Wait! Don't tell me! I've already spent too much!

Oh! Go ahead! Tell me! :D

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Well, I bought Gallipoli, and it rang up 9.99 even though it was labeled 14.99. Receipt said "promo". Weird.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My Film Noir set was still clearly marked $46.99...but rang up $19.99.

That's why I wonder how we could find out what other titles have been marked down.

At first, I could not find any of the Film Noir set, so I went to their little computer terminal set-up and searched for it. It displayed that they had some in-stock and it DID display the price of $19.99 (so there's gotta be SOME WAY to find out). I quick printed up the little slip and had a clerk help me find one. :D

Joey Dee

Auditioning
BTW,

B4 someone else drives 30 miles to the nearest Borders, the sale is over, and the prices are back up to $46.99

J

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.