1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Select Warner Box Sets 19.99 at Borders

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by JohnDMoore, Dec 26, 2005.

1. JohnDMoore

JohnDMoore Well-Known Member

Was in Borders today, and a good number of the Warner box sets collections were discounted to $19.99. Not all are (I was hoping for Scorsese and Hitchcock... not so much), but I picked up the Film Noir collection. Titles that I know for sure are on sale include the Academy Awards II collection (with an American in Paris), the Humphrey Bogart collection, Christopher Guest (3 films), and a Barbara Streisand collection.

Again, I reiterate: Only a few of the Warner box sets are on sale. The ones that are make for a pretty good deal, though.

2. Brandon P

Brandon P New Member

Thanks John! I picked up the Film Noir Volume 1 boxset. No signing or evidence of the sale anywhere. Someone looked it up for me and sure enough, $19.99. She then let me look through the "Borders book of sales". It was all their sales so it was hard to pick out the Warner sets. I believe that I saw a Elizabeth Taylor boxset and, as mentioned, a Humphrey Bogart boxset on the list.

Brandon

3. Dax P

Dax P Well-Known Member

Bummer- didn't see the Bogart box. Went in a Borders today hoping to get the Film Noir Box #2... but nope- just the first one was in the sale, and I already have that...

4. Irina

Irina Well-Known Member

5. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

I want to thank John, too!

I scored the last Film Noir Set #1 at my local Borders tonight. $19.99! Woohoo! [​IMG]

$4 apiece for these films?! Crazy!

Thanks, dude!

6. Thomas J.

Thomas J. Well-Known Member

Picked up the Film Noir Collection Vol. 1 today.

Yep, I agree -- this was a steal of a deal! Even the cashier was in disbelief. John et. al. thanks a lot.[​IMG]

7. Chris A H

Chris A H Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this, got mine this morning! This is definitely "secret" pricing, as no one at my Borders knew about it either.

8. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Hmmmmm. I wonder if there are any other "secret" prices at Borders that we are not clued into?!

No! Wait! Don't tell me! I've already spent too much!

Oh! Go ahead! Tell me! [​IMG]

9. Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk Well-Known Member

Well, I bought Gallipoli, and it rang up 9.99 even though it was labeled 14.99. Receipt said "promo". Weird.

10. TravisR

TravisR Well-Known Member

At the Borders in my area, the only items that are ever marked as 'On Sale' are new releases. It seems like they only put sale tags on stuff before it's on the floor.

11. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

My Film Noir set was still clearly marked $46.99...but rang up $19.99.

That's why I wonder how we could find out what other titles have been marked down.

At first, I could not find any of the Film Noir set, so I went to their little computer terminal set-up and searched for it. It displayed that they had some in-stock and it DID display the price of $19.99 (so there's gotta be SOME WAY to find out). I quick printed up the little slip and had a clerk help me find one. [​IMG]

12. Joey Dee

Joey Dee Member

BTW,

B4 someone else drives 30 miles to the nearest Borders, the sale is over, and the prices are back up to $46.99

J