What's new

See, cables do matter!!! (Yeah right) (1 Viewer)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

I'll check it out. Thanks. May have to pay Bevmo a visit. Not a lot of room in my wine storagre right now though.

I like the mom-n-pop kind of places the best. Most of the places I like the most, either don't distribute or do so to very select places, usually just restaraunts. You have show up in person or order it. If you want to try a great cab: http://www.madonnaestate.com/

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Well I don't know if it's the new beer, but some wines are better not being tested double blind.

Mike_Skeway

Second Unit

htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
:D

Now doing so blind, wouldn't you have to 'see' with your hands? :D No you are tasting, that would be your..........

Travis Cain

Stunt Coordinator
Perhaps the music has some kind of "life force" or "spirit" that is somehow filtered out of a signal when traveling through cheap interconnects or wire. It is this "spirit" that cannot be measured on an O-scope which is why having the exact same waveform at the other end of a cable is meaningless. We just don't have the technology yet to detect the "spirit" but it doesn't mean that it isn't there. Please, buy our $20,000 interconnects and help free the spirit.

It won't be long until monks will be standing on the street corners, passing out "Free the spirit" tracts. With the cabling companies raking in 20K per wire, their armies of tract-passing monks will convert all the naysayers.

[Real testimonial]
"Before I knew what a difference cabling could make, I was a shallow, empty person. But freeing the spirit changed my life. I can now feel the spirit flow through me with each note plucked on a guitar. My wife even says I'm a better lover since I've freed the spirit."

SEE?? Buy our $20K interconnects and you too can:

-- Impress your friends
-- Help others to "free the spirit" through our tracts of misinformation
-- Impress your friends
-- Hear the parts of your music that an O-scope cannot measure
-- Impress your friends
-- Fill the void in your life that cannot be filled by anything but the spirit

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DanielKellmii

Supporting Actor
Funny.
You admins out there, I hope you are being entertained by this thread. :D

Chu, how did you get that pic of my girlfriend?

Chester II

Stunt Coordinator
Dudes,

Thanks for the tip John. I was just in that area picking up pasta sauce at the Coppola winery (good sauce, not so good wine). Have you checked out that small chain Vino that's around the Bay Area? There's a dude named Greg at the Berkeley Vino store on Solano Avenue that makes the best recommendations and he's got "connections" on hard to get items. In case (get it?) you are in the area go check him out. He's got a quick start, very active middle with hints of hyperactivity, and a long satisfying finish. I give him a rating of 93 points. Hey Chu... where did you find that photo of my girlfriend ?

Dudes,

Chester

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member

Well one of you give me your address and I'll see that I send her shoes back. She left them under the bed again...see what wine does to you?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

I've got a buddy on the "inside", though he's not a distributor. His company reps, and markets for some big wineries, so he has his nose to the dirt, so to speak. Must be nice.

Cool. I've got a buddy who lives near there, and is a wine guy, so I'll encourage him in that direction.

RobWil

Supporting Actor
Real men drink beer! (and can hear subtle differences in cables....must be the hops. Does wine have hops???.....No???I thought not!) :D

Chester II

Stunt Coordinator
Dudes,

I'm convinced wine "colors" surrounding music in a more relaxed manner than beer. I've noticed that beers, especially a pilsner-type, add a slightly detectable "rough-edge" to the listening envelope that I'd characterized as grainy yet subdued. Heavy stoughts such as Murphy's really bog-down sound by muffling the high-end above 16khz. It's all in the ears and mouth of the listener to decide the issue and I don't want to have to drink anyone under the sonic table to make my point so I'll just leave it at that...

Burp dudes,

Chester

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Nope. Sulfides, and a varying alcohol content...:D I like mine unfiltered.

Never said I had anything against beer...:D I frequent the pub more than the wine tasting rooms :crazy: Had fun up in Seattle area when I went to Coulumbia winery and Redhook, owned by the same company!! Mmmmm good Cab and Hef on the same day. It was a fun time. No audio was involved...except some peacocks in heat.

Chester, you are too funny man. I agree, Pilsner tends to be a bit harsh while listening, while the lagers tend to attenuate and lose some clarity...

Craig_Kg

Supporting Actor

The only issue is that the clock itself is usually recovered from the edge timings of the manchester encoded SPDIF signal. This can result in jitter. Buffering and reclocking, of course, can remove this.

I'm generally a cable skeptic but I think jitter can produce audible effects for digital playback.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks