What's new

Security Device that wrecks packahe = lost sales (1 Viewer)

DouglasRobert

Second Unit
I was at Best Buy and was going to buy the Gilligan's Island set and they had this security device on it that looks like a round disc with strings coming out of it and completely around the package abd back to the device. What seems stupid is that they had it on so tight that it was digging into the packaging. For me I want an undamaged item when I buy something, not something that is already wrecked. I know some people don't care much about the packaging, but I do. And I think if you are going to buy anything new it should be in like new condition. Not look like you bought it used or at a garage sale or something.

I also noticed that Wal-Mart also is using this. I don't know about other stores.

I can understand using something to prevent theft. But it shouldn't be used if it damages the product and may cause loss of sales due to its use.

Just my 2 cents on the subject.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I don't think that retailers understand the collectablitity of some of these items. When I worked at Walden Books, I had a group of hard core science fiction customers that would only buy books that we had not "tagged". I HATE those wrap-around devices that you are talking about, but I have yet to see them in my BB. Unfortunately, theft is a reality for retailers. I would suggest asking for a copy from the stock in back, explaining your situation. Maybe you can find a sympathetic employee there that can help you out. (They do exist...they are just hard to find!)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Try to shoplift it, and if they catch you tell them you would've paid for it if it wasn't damaged ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks