What's new

Second seats row surround speakers and amp needed (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Luc
If I would place a bi-directional slightly behind the first row I would have my 90-110 degree and the second row would have not so bad sound.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Except bi/di-pole create a null directly in front of the speaker. Omni-directional do not create a null...ever.I didn't look, is that Paradigm both bi and di pole, or one way or the other?Bi/di-pole suck for music. So if you never play music...And again, you are way overthinking this non-issue.

Real Name
Luc
There is no mention of bi/di-pole in the specs.

Thanks for the info. I read this article on Polk Audio and I learned something today :)
http://www.polkaudio.com/polk-university/faq/what-is-dipole-and-bipole-and-how-are-they-different

[font="inherit;font-style:inherit;font-weight:700;margin:0px;color:rgb(51"]Design[/font]
4-driver, 2-way bi-directional surround/rear
[font="inherit;font-style:inherit;font-weight:700;margin:0px;color:rgb(51"]Crossover[/font]
2nd-order electro-acoustic at 2.0 kHz
[font="inherit;font-style:inherit;font-weight:700;margin:0px;color:rgb(51"]Frequency Response[/font] On-Axis
±2dB from 120 Hz - 20 kHz
[font="inherit;font-style:inherit;font-weight:700;margin:0px;color:rgb(51"]Frequency Response[/font] 30° Off-Axis
(bi-directional soundfield)

Real Name
Luc
I updated my 7.2 setup design based on your recommendations and bi-pole speakers for the side surrounds to accommodate the 2 rows.

v3.jpg

v3b.jpg

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
AlphaCentaurus said:
There is no mention of bi/di-pole in the specs.

Thanks for the info. I read this article on Polk Audio and I learned something today :)
http://www.polkaudio.com/polk-university/faq/what-is-dipole-and-bipole-and-how-are-they-different

[font="inherit;font-style:inherit;font-weight:700;margin:0px;color:rgb(51"]Design[/font]
4-driver, 2-way bi-directional surround/rear
[font="inherit;font-style:inherit;font-weight:700;margin:0px;color:rgb(51"]Crossover[/font]
2nd-order electro-acoustic at 2.0 kHz
[font="inherit;font-style:inherit;font-weight:700;margin:0px;color:rgb(51"]Frequency Response[/font] On-Axis
±2dB from 120 Hz - 20 kHz
[font="inherit;font-style:inherit;font-weight:700;margin:0px;color:rgb(51"]Frequency Response[/font] 30° Off-Axis
(bi-directional soundfield)
Bi-directional=bi-pole

Bi-pole doesn't create the null(since my systems are always set up music first, soundtrack second, I always ignore di/bi-pole).

But will use Omni-directional.

Real Name
Luc
Ok thanks for all this info.
I think that with this new info my setup will be simpler to assemble, calibrate and with good sound for everyone !

Dougofthenorth

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Doug
AlphaCentaurus said:
Ok thanks for all this info.
I think that with this new info my setup will be simpler to assemble, calibrate and with good sound for everyone !
Since I am a newbie here, I was following some of Sam's posts (not trolling!! :P )

Alpha - do you have any updates as to your progress??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks