What's new

SECOND MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT - STAR WARS: ep2 - TRAILER ALERT! (1 Viewer)

Scott H

Supporting Actor
Back to the topic...
wink.gif

Like I suggested earlier in the thread, Apple posted the trailer:
[url=http://starwars.apple.com/ep2/breathing/
------------------

Matty B

Stunt Coordinator
OK. Saw the trailer. It looks MUCH MUCH better than Episode 1. Why? NO JAR JAR. Jar Jar is crap.

Sam C

Stunt Coordinator
I saw the trailer ... Looks great but let's remember it's a trailer ... It seems very dark due to the fact that there's nothing you can here during the scene's other than Darth Vader's breathing ...
The trailer also briefly shows what everyone thought in that the Natalie Portman character is probably Luke's mom ... This may have been addressed somewhere else but I'm not a SW nerd so I don't scour the websites looking for it ...
And since we're on to it ... The whole Jar-Jar arguement is such crap ... Yeah he's weak and stupid ... But last I checked so is a 7' hairy gorilla who whines all the time ... So is a flaming 24K gold robot ... So is a green 3 foot dyslexia suffering idiot who has special powers ... So is a fat ball of shit being after Hans ... C'mon ...
------------------
"I will drop-kick those f#$%ing dogs if they come near me."
Frank T.J. Mackey ... Magnolia
[Edited last by Sam C on November 05, 2001 at 10:37 PM]

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
Just hoping that Lucas's attempt to create a new, younger generation of SW fans was limited to Episode I. The original core audience needs a much more sophisticated film than Episode I. I hope that he gives more credit to the movie going audience today after seeing how other more intelligent scifi films (Matrix) have captured the imaginations of all generations. I can certainly understand WHY made Episode I for the kiddies, but I hope he doesn't remain so one-sided for the next 2 prequels.

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
And since we're on to it ... The whole Jar-Jar arguement is such crap ... Yeah he's weak and stupid ... But last I checked so is a 7' hairy gorilla who whines all the time ... So is a flaming 24K gold robot ... So is a green 3 foot dyslexia suffering idiot who has special powers ... So is a fat ball of shit being after Hans ... C'mon ...
rolleyes.gif

I take it there's not too much in Star Wars that appeals to you.
------------------
-Dwayne

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
But last I checked so is a 7' hairy gorilla who whines all the time
Oh no you didnt! There is not one character that compares to Jar Jar in sheer stupidness, retardness, no pointness :) in any of the original movies!
Lucas went too far with the comid relief in TPM!
At least Chewy could kick ass!
------------------
RobertDuvall.jpg
"Charlie don't surf."

Peter_A

Second Unit
Just saw the trailer on TV. This movie looks to be more interesting than TPM. And you know, I didn't see Jarjar in there.........we can all hope we never see him again.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Jar-Jar IS there, he's in the backround with Samuel L Jackson.
You know, I really hope Lucas' reason for cutting JJ's screen time is his own, not because of all the Jar-Jar bashers. I feel he still has a role to play in Episode III, otherwise why devote so much time with him in TPM.
[Edited last by Richard Kim on November 06, 2001 at 06:41 AM]

Gruson

Second Unit
Hey everyone, remember, there will be TWO more Ep. 2 trailers this month.
One comes out this Friday (Internet trailer but you have to have purchased the Ep.1 DVD)
Then in late November, another teaser/trailer comes out with Harry Potter.
I cannot wait :)

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Can I just vent for a second about this DVD exclusive trailer that is coming out on the 9th? I own the Ep. I dvd. I do not own a DVD-ROM drive. How crappy is it that I can't see the new teaser? I really hope that somebody mirrors it for all of us folks without DVD-ROM drives.

Sam C

Stunt Coordinator
quote: I take it there's not too much in Star Wars that appeals to you.[/quote]
Completely the opposite ... I like everything about Star Wars ... Everything minus the constant bitching from all the back-seat writers who think this character or that character were stupid ... The simple fact is that all the character's do seem stupid when you really break them down ...
I find it very hard to believe how anyone could dislike Jar-Jar but actually enjoy C3PO ... C3PO ranks right up there ahead of Richard Simmons in the annoying category ... Come to think of it ... That may be Richard Simmons ...
------------------
"I will drop-kick those f#$%ing dogs if they come near me."
Frank T.J. Mackey ... Magnolia
[Edited last by Sam C on November 10, 2001 at 07:01 AM]

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I find it very hard to believe how anyone could dislike Jar-Jar but actually enjoy C3PO ... C3PO ranks right up there ahead of Richard Simmons in the annoying category ... Come to think of it ... That may be Richard Simmons ...
I think the difference is that C3PO and R2D2 are basically just there. When it comes to being the comic relief, they fail just as badly as Jar-Jar does, but it's in a more subdued way, so people don't mind as much. C3PO mostly talks and bickers. That's easy to gloss over for a lot of folks. Jar-Jar is constantly acting up in loud and obnoxious ways, so it's much harder to tune him out. But it's true that either way, Lucas really doesn't have any comedic writing skill.

Richard_Huntington

Stunt Coordinator
Jar-Jar is constantly acting up in loud and obnoxious ways, so it's much harder to tune him out.
Jar Jar's voice is the most grating, annoying, excruciating sound I have ever heard. Listening to "it" is painful. Jar Jar is loud, constantly mucking about, ruining scenes. He is the most ill conceived character of all time. I'll never forget halfway through the film opening night when some women yelled at the top of her lungs during one of Jar Jar's dialogue scenes, "Shut up!!"
The entire theater burst into massive laughter and huge applause. That right there sums up how we all feel about Jar Jar.
icon13.gif

C3P0 had whit. He was not stupid, just a coward and that made him funny. "Trust him! Trust him!"
------------------
"My wife actually prefers widescreen"

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Scott, (anyone), if I right click and save target as then can I save these trailers to my hard drive? I am a little tired of having to go through some website and a host of other annoying things to get to see this trailer. I want to know before I download another 12MB file just to find out it is some website again.
------------------
Link Removed
------------------
My Favourite DVD's

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Neil,
You can indeed save to your hardrive via the Movie List mirrors. Choose wisely, I found a few of the links to be dead, but the 13meg version now sits happy on my PC and I really like it.
Dan (UK)

Users who are viewing this thread