What's new

Season 1 owners waiting on the release of the rest of the seasons (1 Viewer)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I'd like for "St. Elsewhere" to continue beyond #1, and for "Hill Street Blues" and "Hart to Hart" to each continue beyond #2.

wh5916

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William Hicks
Newhart...the show truly doesn't take off until Peter Scolari and Julia Duffy join the cast.

Elena S

Supporting Actor
It just boggles my mind that a show as recent as "Dharma and Greg" has had only one season released. I know there are musical guest stars in some of the episodes, but it's a travesty to keep fans waiting because of it.

Unfortunately I doubt we'll ever see any more of American Dreams. You can thank the music industry's chokehold on music rights for that.

I really wish that when a show was recorded it would be copyrighted in its entirety so that parts of it cannot legally be removed. Getting a show without the music is like buying a book with the middle pages missing.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Flipper, Police Woman, SWAT, Baretta, Here Come the Brides, Family, Dragnet, Lawless Years, Maude, Love American Style, The Bill Cosby Show, The Rookies, The Joey Bishop Show, Murphy Brown, Kojak, McCloud, Hazel, Archie Bunker's Place, Burke's Law.

Real Name
Thomas Stewart

Still $39.99 is pretty crazy cheap for the second season (22 episodes alone). I'm just considering the first season as a bonus feature to those who didn't pick up the original MGM release.

Real Name
Thomas Stewart

Still $39.99 is pretty crazy cheap for the second season (22 episodes alone). I'm just considering the first season as a bonus feature to those who didn't pick up the original MGM/SONY release.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I had to look elsewhere (Canada) for the follow-ups to Gimme A Break! and season 4 of the New Outer Limits. The former was a series that got better as it progressed like many others from the 80's: Benson, One Day At A Time, etc. We shouldn't have to put up with it. Don't the studios want our money?

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
The only series that bugs me to all hell for not being completely released is Dream On. This was a critically and viewer acclaimed show that is just as funny today as it was then. I have sent an email to HBO about this. Does HBO still own this show? I want the episodes as originally shown please.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Have yet to buy any single seasons because of this forum and reading about what other people are going through. Except for two exceptions, I don't buy anything anymore unless the complete series is available.

Got burned by MTM, bought seasons 1-4 about two years ago, still waiting for the final story on 5-7. Am buying Heroes season by season, trusting all seasons will be available whenever it finishes up.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

And that's the problem. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. People don't buy first seasons because the next ones aren't available, and (surprise, surprise), they don't come out!

JyBhushan

Grip
Real Name
JyBhushan
yaaaa...ya its work and useful me...tnx
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith

Very true. I'm a little late to the game so I haven't had to endure it for as long as some, but I'm more then willing to support the cause by buying early seasons to promote the release of later seasons.

Besides, there are very few shows to me where it is an absolute must to have all seasons because of some involved story arc. For the most part I view it as a nicety and would rather have some then none of a favorite show. The Fugitive is an example where you need all seasons, but expecially for most older shows, are there really that many where it becomes an all or none scenario for folks?

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
I'm still waiting for the additional seasons of S.W.A.T., War of the Worlds, Here Comes the Brides, Alias Smith and Jones, The Sentinel and the second half of the first season of Randall and Hopkirk(Deceased).

What bites is when you buy the first season and maybe the second and then to get the others, you have to get the complete series - got burned with that with Fraggle Rock. I have the first 3 seasons and refuse to buy the complete set to get the 4th. Or the complete set is the only way to get the TV movies - the last I heard, that was the only way to get the MacGyver TV movies.

Patricia

Stunt Coordinator
I'm also still waiting for the rest of 'The Sentinel', and would love to see it released with any extras, blooper reel etc.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Flipper
Cheyenne
Beany and Cecil
Dragnet
Alfred Hitchcock Presents
Green Acres
Hart to Hart

Gene M

Stunt Coordinator
The DVD's i'm going to put off until I know if it sells well or not!
1) Parker Lewis can't lose
2) Patty Duke Show
3) I bought Tales From The Darkside I should have put that off
4) Earth the Final Conflict
there's others but can't remember what they are!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks