What's new

Seabiscuit - will it be good? (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Scott,
It's a true story in which a book has already been written and an excellent PBS special made about the subject matter.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
As we get closer I can't help but feel that they are sitting on a winner that will have some legs. I think Seabiscuit is going to play very well as a feel-good sports film. It won't open huge or anything, but it sure looks to be able to draw audiences as a big budget alternate to the action/explosion focused summer this year.

Just the fact that it will open fairly big with good promotion gives it a shot, but that's greatly enhanced by being such a different experience from the other big releases around it.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I think Seabiscuit is going to play very well as a feel-good sports film. It won't open huge or anything, but it sure looks to be able to draw audiences as a big budget alternate to the action/explosion focused summer this year.
I agree and disagree. First, the book was a phenomenal success and with that in bred audience, depending on what it is matched up against, I would be very surprised if it didn't open in one of the top three spots.

Of course, word of mouth will determine how it does, but with the exceptional cast and crew, I would be surprised if it isn't a smashing success based on your own rationale...that it's a great alternative to the slam bam special effects movies that dominate the summer typically.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Does anyone else here feel like they have already seen this movie after watching the exceptionally long trailer?
Yes. It looks well-made, but awfully trite. Jeff Bridges seems to be essentially reprising his Preston Tucker role. Yawn...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks