What's new

Sea Hunt (1 Viewer)

mustang

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
patrick
JeffT. said:
Each season set costs all of $12.00 so how can an issue really made of it? It seems so ridiculously petty. They are going to lose money if a replacement disc is attempted (something that apparently the more expensively priced classic tv series DVD distributors are unwilling to do). What is expected from us? Well it's just two SEA HUNT episodes missing let's just let it pass. When something is so inexpensive what do we have a right to expect? How do we know that there aren't any similar problems with the other season sets? Let's hope that (somehow) it all works out. At least according to the distributor of the STEVE CANYON tv series DVD sets volume three is definitely in the works so have faith. I never heard of this show before. I know the (former) comic strip in the weekend newspaper but I have never seen this particular tv series. I should start watching my DVDs! Jeff T. :rolleyes:
I Was Under The Impression That The Only Episode Missing Was Episode 26 Season 1 The Hero Whats The Other One ? I have Only Watched Disc 1 So Far. I Agree With You About Replacing The Disc But If Thats The Way They Want To Go Then i Take My Hat Off To Them, But Whats To Stop People Who Didnt Buy Sea Hunt To Ask For a Replacement Disc.

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Darby67 said:
I emailed TGG Direct last night about the issue with Disc #4 on Season One and received this response this morning: "Thank you for your email and informing us on the issue with SEA HUNT, Disc 4 of the COMPLETE SEASON 1. We are currently correcting this issue. Kindly forward me your mailing address to send a replacement disc. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused." Glad to hear that TGG Direct is aware of the issue and is working on getting it fixed! The folks at TGG Direct that I originally emailed were: Jeffrey Schillen – [email protected] Marty Young – [email protected] The response I received this morning was from Michelle Weiman - [email protected] I hope this information helps all of you and I can't wait to have the truly complete Sea Hunt series on DVD! Darby
Thanks for the information. I emailed Michelle earlier today and included my address and got a answer a few hours later to say they would send me the replacement disc when they are ready.

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Maurice
I've sent an email to these two TGG addresses yesterday afternoon: Jeffrey Schillen – [email protected] Marty Young – [email protected] about the reason of skipping the third and final season of Bat Masterson, so far no reply so if someone here has any information on that, please let us know.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
According to TGG, MGM did not grant them the license for all the episodes of the third season. They are currently negotiating for them. Same situation for In the Heat of the Night. That was the reason for the 24-Hour Marathon sets.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
FanCollector said:
According to TGG, MGM did not grant them the license for all the episodes of the third season. They are currently negotiating for them. Same situation for In the Heat of the Night. That was the reason for the 24-Hour Marathon sets.
That's just an odd way to lincense

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWilson
That's just an odd way to lincece.

Odd, and extremely unfortunate. Now we know why TGG skipped all the way ahead to Season 8 for their next release of In the Heat of the Night. What a bummer.
Gary "thank goodness for alts" O.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
For the optimists among you, Michelle did say they were working on it and to check back in a few months.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Originally Posted by FanCollector
Uh oh. My concern for Bat Masterson Season 3 just went up a few notches. I will continue to hope for the best on this.
I am pleased to hear that TGG Direct intends to fix the Sea Hunt Season 1 set. Thank you for caring enough to do this, TGG Direct.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Out of curiousity since I haven't seen it asked or mentioned, by any chance is this episode on that marathon set? Buying an extra set to get it beats possibly being 1 episode short of a complete series.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I checked this yesterday, and it's not on the Marathon box set. I guess we'll all have to wait for the new pressing of season 0ne.

Jack K

Auditioning
Real Name
John
I just received my replacement disc and spot checked it. It does indeed now include the Hero episode with Larry Hagman. All seems to be well. The disc arrived next day UPS. TGG has provided excellent customer service concerning this matter

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I received a Season 1 Disc 4 replacement via UPS 2nd Day Air today, but it is a DVD-R disc instead of a pressed disc. I will check tomorrow to see if the episode issue has been corrected but I will also be emailing TGG Direct to see if they are planning on sending a pressed disc in the future. Darby

JeffT.

Deceased Member
Your "update" notifications are very helpful and appreciated. If the DVD manufacturers were as conscientiously responsible and alert as the DVD consumer we wouldn't be in this jam. I (on the other hand) keep getting repeated messages pertaining to anticipated-continued delays for all four seasons. If it takes long enough hopefully this will (successfully) translate into a correct SEA HUNT season one DVD set all minted on the standard DVD format. Jeff T. :rolleyes:

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I received my Seazon 1 disc 4 replacement disc yesterday . It came in a plastic sleeve . Will check it out tonight .

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I have seasons 2, 3, and 4 and the Marathon set. Season one has been hard to come by. But I 'll probably hold off on buying season one until the corrected factory pressed discs are in circulation.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Darby67 said:
I received a Season 1 Disc 4 replacement via UPS 2nd Day Air today, but it is a DVD-R disc instead of a pressed disc. I will check tomorrow to see if the episode issue has been corrected but I will also be emailing TGG Direct to see if they are planning on sending a pressed disc in the future. Darby
DVD-R? Guess this must be a "quick fix" untill they go an run another batch of pressed discs.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
JeffT. said:
Your "update" notifications are very helpful and appreciated. If the DVD manufacturers were as conscientiously responsible and alert as the DVD consumer we wouldn't be in this jam. I (on the other hand) keep getting repeated messages pertaining to anticipated-continued delays for all four seasons. If it takes long enough hopefully this will (successfully) translate into a correct SEA HUNT season one DVD set all minted on the standard DVD format. Jeff T. :rolleyes:
You're welcome, Jeff. Darby

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rekhasharmatdiu
Recent bookmarks