What's new

Scrubs - Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Season 7 of Scrubs starts tomorrow night, Thursday, October 25 at 9:30 pm Eastern/8:30 pm-Central. I know I am a day early starting this thread, but I have a question. Does anyone know if this is going to be broadcast in HD, or will it be the SD, like last season?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I read that they were going to keep it in SD (at least all of the seasons will be consistent in AR).

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the reply, Patrick. I had a feeling they were going to keep it in SD, espacially since this is their last season. It is still odd that this is the only non-reality, non-gameshow, that is broadcast in SD.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Well, I wasn't optimistic going into it considering the train wreck that was last season, but I thought tonight's premiere was easily the best since season four. They've done a great job of largely toning it back down to a believable scale. I really enjoyed this episode.

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit
Having watched and been a fan of Scrubs since the beginning, I agree that the show has gone downhill a bit.

Season 6 was very uneven and disapointing. However, I think a lot of that was due to Bill Lawrence and his team not knowing if the show would come back for a 7th season.

I agree with Adam about last night's episode. I think it was the best and "tightest" Scrubs epiosode in a few years.

I think now that Lawrence and company have the luxury of knowing this is the last season, we'll see a return to glory for Scrubs.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Was it me, or did they work at lighting up Elizabeth Banks? She was looking radiant in this episode.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
She looked decent for sure, but I wouldn't miss her at this point.

Otherwise, another excellent episode, even better than last week's. I'm glad that J.D.'s kid got the prominence that it deserved after the way Izzie's birth was shortchanged last season.

Tom McA

Stunt Coordinator
This is the little-girl dad in me talking, but Cox's kid in that baby carrier was too cute.

Oh yeah - decent overall episode.

dberthia

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave
This doesn't look good:
http://www.reuters.com/article/enter...21231620071105

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Nothing has been easy or conventional about the NBC comedy "Scrubs," which has been bounced around the network's schedule for most of its seven-year run and was on the verge of cancellation the past two years before landing an 11th hour renewal.

Now, the show's chance to go out on its own terms has been jeopardized by the first Writers Guild of America strike in almost 20 years, which began on Monday. The walkout could leave the final six installments of the Zach Braff hospital comedy's 18-episode last season in indefinite limbo.

"On a personal level, yeah, it would be nice to finish work on 'Scrubs' the way I wanted to," creator-executive producer Bill Lawrence said. "That it looks like it's not happening is certainly disappointing, I can't lie. But it's also not the end of the world. The last thing anybody wants to hear right now is some idiot saying, 'Hey, I worked really hard on my show, I want to end it the way I want to end it!' It's hard to care right now about any legacy."

Lawrence hadn't done much in the way of stockpiling "Scrubs" episodes in anticipation of the walkout.

Two scripts were written and ready to shoot, "and with a single-camera show, once a script is locked, you have no real rewrites," he said. That will take "Scrubs" up through Episode 12, six episodes short of the ending Lawrence had envisioned for the show.

Still, giving "Scrubs" a proper sendoff was low on Lawrence's priority list at the moment.

"What I care about more than anything right now is getting this thing settled so it's either a short strike or no strike," he said on Friday. "Right now, I fear that a lot of the writers have no real clue just how tough this is going to be. I'd imagine things will get very grim sometime after Christmas."

Cal S

Stunt Coordinator
From Zach Braff's blog...

"Many of you have asked about the fate of the final episodes of Scrubs," he writes. "If the strike goes on too much longer there is a good chance they will never be written or shot and the series finale will remain in the mind of our show's creator, Bill Lawrence ..."

That would suck.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
From TV guide.com

Question: Great news about the tentative agreement between writers and networks, but whatever does this mean about our dearly beloved Scrubs? Will we get the final episodes that we fans and the Scrubs gang deserve?— Lady

Ausiello: I just hung up with Mr. Scrubs himself, series creator Bill Lawrence, and he says "the worst-case scenario is that ABC Studios lets me make the last four episodes as a DVD. And I say it's the 'worst-case scenario' because I'm going to try as hard as I can to get NBC's support in finishing the show up on TV. I just don't have any definitive answer because I haven't been talking to them… The second we're told that we can go back to work, I'm going to give [Peacock honcho] Ben Silverman a call and say, 'Scrubs has been on NBC for seven years, and it would really be a bummer if I didn't get to end it there.' And I'm hoping I'll get a positive response. I would be surprised if NBC didn't want to figure out a way to end the series on their network." I wish I could be as optimistic. Remember, this is Ben Silverman we're talking about. The same dude who publicly dissed Friday Night Lights. But more on that later….

dberthia

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave
Sounds like even in the "worst case scenario" he'll be able to finish the series and we'll get some closure. Good news indeed. I was under the assumption that it was an all or nothing thing.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I just hope someone releases it and soon. If NBC has no intention of releasing it then they should just go ahead and let ABC Studios release it.

Clay_E

Second Unit
If by "release it" you mean air it, I'm sure it'll be aired somewhere, as ABC is apparently extremely interested in showing the final season if NBC follow their usual pattern of neglect where this show is concerned and cancel it.

If by "release it," you literally mean release it on DVD, this will definitely happen - Bill Lawrence has said that the finale would be released direct-to-DVD if necessary, but that he hopes it won't come to that. Either way, we'll get closure eventually - we may just have to pay for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks