What's new

Scrubs - Season 6 (1 Viewer)

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Ended up last night's episode was one I had recently seen,possibly last week,lol, in syndication.

dberthia

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave
I think they've finally jumped the shark. All the politics and current events took me totally out of the Scrubs universe. I get inundated with politics/Iraq constantly in my daily life, so I turn to shows like Scrubs as a brief diversion away from all of that. This is the first Scrubs episode I can honestly say I disliked completely. Especially disappointing after last week's fantastic musical episode.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood

Dave, I agree, though I did like the shot of JD reading "The Iraq War for Dummies". The only redeemable portion was Kelso, it was interesting seeing things from his perspective. I don't think they've "jumped the shark" (I've never been a fan of that phrase) I do think they may be running out of ideas.

"I got to President Bush's "Mission Accomplished" speech and have like 400 more pages to go!"

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Count me as third in a row who didn't like it.

I wonder if medical professionals get so wrung out by their jobs/lives that they respond to every episode the way we are to last night's Iraq/Bush episode?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think Bill Lawrence thinks this is the last season of Scrubs, so he might as well get his 2 cents in on the war as well. Didn't like that aspect of it much, could have used the episode to really get into Kelso's world, but perhaps there just wasn't enough material to carry them for 22 minutes.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
I think that was my favorite episode so far this season, it really was like a classic episode. I was laughing then was really sad at the end when the revelation happened.

The 18 Wheeler Honking every time someone made the motion with their arm was probably one of my favorite bits in a while.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
This was an awesome episode,Ted was cracking me up, Nick,I don't know if everyone caught the part about the truck's horn,but I did,lol.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Considering that the plot (Road Trip!) screamed late season sitcom fizzle-out, I was pretty shocked at how good it was. They did a good job both with Dr. Cox's baby surgery storyline and then the lie about the baby to J.D. about a miscarriage. This is the kind of dramedy balance I'd grown to expect from the series. Up until now the drama had been pushed much more into the background.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This felt like a classic Scrubs episode in tone and execution.

I'd hate to have JD's ailment (passing out doing the deux).

Clay_E

Second Unit
This season definitely hasn't been as strong as previous ones, but I still hold out hope that they can get "it" back. Still, if they don't go out this season, it does seem like one more season should be their limit. And I'd hate to see them try to do the show without Zach Braff...

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

I agree on points. I also have a feeling that Braff will be back for a seventh (final) season, even if only in a "limited" capacity (ie. "His/Her Story" episodes, which I've always been quite fond of). It looks like he is still having some fun playing "J.D." - plus he seems to be pretty devoted to Bill Lawrence.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Sweet episode last night, had me both laughing out loud and thinking once again, why J.D. isn't with Elliot Reed,she is an angel. I had a huge LOL moment where I literally had tears pouring when Dr. Cox had his "Alice, the housekeeper, from the Brady Bunch moment,"OMG!!! Ted was in rare form last night also:)

Cal S

Stunt Coordinator
Lat week, Dr. Cox had a shaved head and no one referenced it. I was sure Turk was going to start getting him back for all the Ghandi jokes. This week he's hair wass back.

Obviously shot out of order, still odd.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I watched a syndicated episode from the early years on my local CW affiliate and went right into my tape of Thursday's episode and the tone and execution was identical, which is damn high praise for an episode of this season. Great, great episode with the dramedy balance closer to what we're used to.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Another good one. Except for the clip show -- any show that does one goes down a notch in my book -- it's been a pretty steady streak lately. I wonder if next season will take even longer to get into the swing of things?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks