What's new

Scrubs - Season 6 (1 Viewer)

Darren Conroy

Stunt Coordinator
A little smoother than the Season 5 starter, but not by much. The open went totally insane and the episode's theme of JD, Cox and the Janitor seeing themselves in their patients just didn't seem to give enough to the episode. A couple scenes of the Janitor musing about his life, a minute and a half of not-angry Cox, but it seemed to all revolve around JD's debacle and even that didn't hark back to his dopplegänger as much as it probably should have. Also, the music offset the mood a little. I hope they aren't permanently trading in the likes of the Shins and Colin Hay for that of OK Go and Audioslave.

But the writing was there, the dialogue gelled much better in typical Scrubs fashion than last year's premiere. JD's monologue about how he impregnated Kim had me on the floor. If they avoid any more of the latter-day-Family-Guy-esque gags like the one that wrecked the intro, this could be a great season.

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
It seems that the hair stylist for John C. McGinley (Dr. Cox) has gone insane. Seriously, am I the only one thinking "What is up with that hair?"

-Keith

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
Nope Keith, I was thinking that too. his hair has gone through a ton of changes.

i liked the episode, not the greatest, but the show has been known to get better as things move along.
Elliott treating her interns like babies was awesome, especially when she tried to do it to Perry. The whole patient/main character thing was a little odd, it didn't work on the level it was supposed to. I also thought it was just supposed to be JD in drag, and so forth.
Still can't wait to see how the whole baby thing will turn out. BTW if Jordan is looking like she's at least 3 or 4 months pregnant (maybe more) shouldn't Carla have given birth by now? She's looking like she's been carrying that baby for about 14 months.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I agree Adam.

And we immediately were noticing Cox's hair changing from scene to scene. At first we thought it was just a new, extra curly and blond thing, but then a few scenes later it was shorter (apparently), less curly and darker. The part also kept changing.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully the shorter and darker hair cuit is the one that sticks. Because the longer random puke-colored curls just weren't working for him.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Here's the JD and Turk video on YouTube for those of you outside the States that can't access the earlier video. I can't wait for the musical episode.

Johnny C's hair was seriously messed up this episode.

What in the hell are they doing to the cutest kid on TV? I hope they're not turning him into a brat.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker

One of the promos they did for the new season was showing Carla really huge and Turk saying "When is she going to have this baby? She has been pregnant for like 17 months!"

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Pretty good episode tonight, though not the stand out it should have been considering one of the major events of the series. The focus should have been on Turk and Carla, not J.D. and OBGYN.

Sheldon C

Second Unit
I'm not an easily offended guy, but the dumpster humor was very tasteless. My wife and I looked at each other and said, "wow, that wasn't funny".

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Just realized JD's pregnant girlfriend is the hot bookstore girl from 40 Year Old Virgin.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
After watching tonight's episode, it looks like the rumors of this being the final season are true. Everything they did tonight seemed to be a big set-up for the series finalé (Elliot taking a job with a private practice, Kim getting offered a better job in Tacoma, WA)...

Let's enjoy it while it lasts. Come May, I don't think we'll be getting anymore Scrubs.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The first half of the episodes have been undercutting the second half this season. Things like Turk and Carla's emotional journey through having the baby and Turk being scared of being the sole provider are afterthoughts for the slapstick this season, when it used to be that the slapstick gags were after thoughts to the human drama. Can't say I'm a big fan of the new arrangement.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
New episode tonight!

My House

Dr. Cox faces a trio of medical mysteries; Carla begins to exhibit symptoms of postpartum depression; J.D. tries to be the best boyfriend ever so that Kim (Elizabeth Banks) will not leave town.

dberthia

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave
As much as it pains me to say it, I think the show has pretty much run its course. Maybe it's just me, but it just doesn't seem as fresh or funny anymore. The old laugh-out-loud moments have been replaced by forced chuckles. I'm actually hoping they wrap-up the series this season.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Only the Cox-as-House bit made me LOL, plus the kittens, but overall, I'm sort of glad JD's pregnant girlfriend is off the show for the time being, he's more funny when he's not all Hamlet and stuff. Carla's postpartum depression is not something to be taken lightly, but it doesn't quite work in a comedy.

Tom McA

Stunt Coordinator
Cox-as-House was great, but they missed an opportunity to have him endlessly popping Certs or Tic-tacs or something.

We have a lil' one ourselves so maybe I'm just temporarily a sucker for baby storylines, but I'm not minding all the baby stuff. And I'm curious to see where the Carla thing goes. I think that one of the show's strengths is mixing the comedy with the serious stuff, but ymmv.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I agree 100%. I actually thought the reveal that it was Carla with the post partum[sic] depression was the most effective beat in the episode. Because the comedy hasn't been up to par.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks