What's new

Scrubs Season 5 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I wonder how many episodes J.D. is going to be bald for? The hair is a signature part of the character.

Watching Tuesday's episode, it's sort of inexplicable how uneven the season started. You'd never know there was a hiccup at this point. Great role reversal, as you guys mentioned.

I also loved Carla's little pre-sex declarations, and the Janitor's epic story about the human head.

Darren Conroy

Stunt Coordinator

Probably until it'd logically grow back. I can imagine this being Scrubs' version of Buster's hand. Hats, wigs... with JD, the possibilities are endless.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
If the previews for next week are any indication, the bald thing was this episode only. All the shots with JD showed him with his regular hair style (or lack thereof).

Darren Conroy

Stunt Coordinator
Yep. Alright, the hair thing angered me, but this was a little stumbling block of an episode anyway. It seems like the writers wanted to focus on too many other things besides Carla getting pregnant, and nothing really got clearly focused. Which was a shame, because the Janitor backstory was set up and spiked perfectly. And the "abort the babies" line? I was laughing until halfway through the commercial break.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Well, I loved the episode. Maybe because I never expected J.D. to be bald for half the season, but the episode — and the end scene in particular — was genuinely moving. The perfect portrait of a key moment in these character's lives. For once, it's a baby storyline that doesn't feel like a desperate ploy.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Loved last night's episode From Beginning to End. Great ending scene,everyone embracing, cool song and use of slo mo.
Why NBC keeps jerking this show around while giving all this press to new and dreadful comedies every few months is beyond me.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
It seems NBC is counting on Scrubs to be there go to show, that is ready at a moment's notice and a faithful, patient audience that will follow them where every they go.

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit
Speaking of this week's episode, how great was the Janitor's flash back "hurtles" scene?

Particularly, him smoking, running hurtles, and then being handed a cigarette at the end of the race... ;)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member

What does that mean? Please let me know what I am missing here. If you are referring to Steve Prefontaine, he was a long distance runner, not a hurdler.

MikeMO

Stunt Coordinator
No, I watched last week, too. I also thought the whole bowling alley scene with J.D and people using the pencil to recognize him was hilarious.

Darren Conroy

Stunt Coordinator
For some reason, posting slipped my mind. It wasn't too bad. The scene with the dermatologist was definitely one of the hardest I've laughed just because of the sheer wrongness of it.

(Also, anyone else notice they crop out Rex's finger now?)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The Kelso/Cox storyline was very revealing about the rules of their dynamic. Their last scene in Kelso's office was the first to make my stomach lurch with sheer emotion in a while. Considering what we've learned about his son thus far, that revelation may have been the high point of his character in the entire series.
The rest of the episode was good but more standard. I wasn't really fond of the almost-breaking of the fourth wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks