What's new

Scrubs Season 5 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Darren Conroy

Stunt Coordinator
22? Really? I could have sworn there were 25 last season...

Not a bad episode. My main complaint is the last laugh; I cracked up and felt like crap for it. Also, Ted's backstory was a little disjointed. Cox had some great lines, Elliot staring at Keith's dad during sex was funny, and JD and the pencil eraser just straight up cracked me up. "...Better not make any mistakes."

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
Turk's cane was great and the interaction with the old guy clanging their cane's together was funny.
I felt horrible when Mrs. Wilk died, she was such a great character, one of those rare background characters that are better than the main characters.

It'll be interesting to see what J.D.'s reaction to Keith and Elliot's new turn in their relationship.

The Janitor's castle at the beginning was great:
"... i cleaned up all the sand and it cut my commute time in half."
"work till your back hurts and then work some more!" (I think that was the quote, something like that anyway)
"looks like rain..."

The John Dorian "Three Tap Method".

Some good stuff in a downer of an episode. Didn't realize Mrs. Wilk was formally Mrs. Walton until last night, I remember the name Michael Learned for some reason, guess it's a bit different name for a girl. She's a good actress, really sold the Mrs. Wilk character.

The intro to the cast favorite was pretty funny too.
"This is Bill Lawrence, he created and writes Scrubs, but he didn't write himself any lines so he's not saying anything."

Darren Conroy

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think JD hating Keith has anything to do with hidden desires for Elliot (unlike with Nurse Flowers). I think it has more to do with Keith's doing everything perfectly and sucking up. If there's jealousy about the Dudemeister's regular intercourse with Elliot, it's probably more related to the fact that his roommate and close friend is banging his archnemesis while he's still alone.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Loved the Three Tap Method, loved Kelso taking out Dave Foley's Bike (Hell, Dave Foley makes anything better), loved the pitch-perfect mix of comedy and drama.

If I had any complaint, it's that it felt a little disjointed from last week. (Unfortunately, Mrs. Wilk got an infection and is now going to die. What the hell is that?)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member

Adam, it didn't come out of nowhere... it was shown in the final scenes of last week's episodes.

Cabbage, as he was walking out from being canned (before he could do real harm), picked up a germ infested something on the floor (was it a glove?) and then we followed the germ trail to Mrs. Wilk (via the previous germ spreading site gag). At the end, I think it was pretty much clear she was going to have a relapse.

EDIT- Hmmmm, reading your earlier posts I think its clear you realize what happened. But still can't figure out why you felt the outcome of Mrs. W seemed disjointed from last week's episode.

Darren Conroy

Stunt Coordinator
Probably the same thing I felt; the lack of a shockwave from the events of last week. Instead of a "Mrs. Wilk has an infection? How did that happen?" it was more of a "Huh. Well, she's gonna die. Bummer."

Edit: (Does anyone else do the three-tap thing? Or is that just me?)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
J.D. gets into Cox's Porsche for the first time and decides to open a root beer can that had been rolling around on the floor for awhile. J.D. said his three tap method would prevent any soda spray. Three taps, nothing happens, then a gusher, soaking the entire interior of the car and everyone inside. J.D.'s response, "So the quickest way to get to my house is by Elm."

I've seen others do the tap thing, have done it myself at times but have no clue if it actually does anything. My gut tells me "urban legend."

EDIT: Here's an answer: http://www.snopes.com/science/sodacan.htm

And I suppose the initial premise is faulty too. Even if the can had been rolling around the car for awhile, that doesn't mean the thing is constantly on the verge of spewing.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Pretty much what Darren said; I thought the relapse should have been a bit more shocking. Maybe that happens all of the time in hospitals, but as a viewer I felt like the last scene from last week was a setup that deserved more of a pay-off.

Darren Conroy

Stunt Coordinator
This week's will probably be a season highlight for me. The watchy-talky was great, and just when the gag was about to get old, Turk pitched his and things took a turn for the hilarious. Finally nice to see JD get over his qualms with Keith (although the Crisco was a hell of a send-off to the hatred). Also loved "The Stranger", Elliot's crappy revenges (this felt more characteristic of her too; the raccoon was a little too out there for me. Where did she even get that thing?), the "popsicle",... I could go on and on. Awesome episode.

Although what the hell was with JD tickling Kelso's armpits? That was the lone moment that flew right over my head.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
Did JD really get over his qualms? I thought he was doing it more just because he was friends with Elliot, not because he actually likes Keith. I don't think we've seen the last of the JD/Keith onesided fued.

I love the half acre, and the fact that it only has a porch on it.

I don't think the watchy-talky gag could get old, but it got better when the Janitor got a hold of it.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
What was the term JD used. Service himself? I put my hand under me and it falls asleep and then I Service myself? Something to that effect.
I alot of Homoerotic stuff tonight.

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
Finally an episode up to previous season's levels. Turk sobbing in the bathroom was priceless. But those watchy-talks were up there with hairmets. Will this stuff be on that new Simon Cowell's "American Inventor" show on ABC? ;)

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I think the JD/Turk relationship is one of the best "best friends" relationships I've ever seen on TV. The watchy-talky bit was fantastic.

Darren Conroy

Stunt Coordinator
I liked that one. I was expecting the typical Cox-swoops-in-and-proves-he's-right routine, but what happened was a nice twist.

Here's the part where I list all the funny things I liked. (I'm out of segues.)Todd's garage door opener, Mr. Prick, Keith's mouth harp, the Janitor's various pieces of armor/stolen things... end of list. Gosh damn I'm out of it today.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member

I was thinking that very thing at the end of this episode. I also thought it was a great episode. Loved Todd's garage door opener.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks