What's new

Scrubs (season 4) ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Mike Brogan

Second Unit
Another great episode. Saw on Yahoo this morning that Matthew Perry will be doing a guest shot in November and Julianna Margulies will be on during sweeps. I loved Chuck Woolery's cameo last night.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Perry will be DIRECTING and guest starring. I'm actually NOT a Friends fan (and I never liked Chandler Bing, on the show or in any of his movies), but it makes sense. Maybe some of the Friends viewers will check it out. I'm more excited for Julianna Margulies.

In truth, the show has a great record for guest appearances, so I'm not too worried. I don't want it to become "Will and Grace and Special Guest Star", but little chance of that.

Good episode last night with Ed (whatever his real name is
wink.gif
) showing up.

Take care,

Chuck

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Ed = Tom Kavanaugh, but he'll forever be "Ed" when I see him in other roles as well, even when I see his "pre-Ed" roles.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Glad to see Ed and it made me realize that I miss his show.

I was wondering if they were ever gonna do a JD's dad is dead ever since John Ritter passed. I'm happy it came out soo well. Lots of funny moments in this episode. When Cox saw the Janitor and Ted swinging outside the window and he says "oh, that's what the crane was for" was great to me.

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
Loved last nights episode. The Sanford and Son theme in the background during the "kiss" scene was over the top.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Damn you NBC for canceling Ed! I hope they bring it to DVD quickly.

Seeing Tom on the show made me wish NBC would put him on his own show again.

"I have an ear infection."

"Ok. Go in and drop your pants."

LOL.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Wow. This is about my 3rd episode but I love love love this show. I love the shows that are so unbound by cookie cutter genre cliches. The humor is surrealistically hilarious (Sanford and Son theme.
smile.gif
) that you can only think this could fit in some hairbrained wacky wacky comedy and then BAM, it alternates to rather touching drama (The janitor's faint nod to J.D.) . The best shows are the ones that bend the genre and can switch gears without blinking. (All Whedon shows, Sports Night, The West Wing) I can't wait for this one to come out on DVD which should proably happen next year due to syndication issues.

Chris White

Second Unit
This continues to be absolutely the funniest show on television. I love this show and last night's episode was superb. Hilarious and poignant - how many shows can do that?

Tom McA

Stunt Coordinator
Interesting the things they tweak after shooting. I guess "One" hug per year is infinitely funnier than "two". Anyone else notice Cox's blatant lip-sync mismatch during that line?

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I noticed that too Tom. Hopefully it won't happen again. It reminded me of Japanese kung-fu films dubbed in English for some reason.

Hopefully with the exit of Frasier, Friends, and Sex and the City, it opens the door for Scrubs to be nominated for Best Comedy at next year's Emmy's. I know Everyone Loves Raymond will be nominated since this is it's last year.

Off topic; anyone know if Fox plans on airing reruns of Arrested Development before the new season starts or will the DVD come out before then? I'm too lazy to look it up.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Also, FX will have an AD marathon starting noon on Saturday (but consult your local listings).

Okay, back to Scrubs!

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Turning out to be my favorite show. Joey hasn't hit its stride/misses the mark, and Will & Grace is becoming noise.

I quite enjoy the side notes of the janitor, the chief of staff, and the angry doctor (sorry for the lack of names - just starting to watch this regularly after missing the first few? seasons...thank god for BitTorrent & Suprnova).

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
You got Kelso and Cox right, but Janitor's name is just Janitor. Neil Flynn is the actor's name. :)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
This show is definitely "hitting its stride" now. IMO, it is the best sitcom on TV, next to Arrested Development. I also got nostalgic for Ed when I saw Tom Cavanaugh. Nice subtle tribute to John Ritter.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
The Daydream's JD has are hilarious, mainly the end where Turk goes in to kiss him, and JD wakes up and says something along the lines "Im not into Gay Chocolate Jungle Love Fever!" I must have laughed for a good minute, I had to pause the tivo so not to miss the next scene.

Nathan_F

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan
Ahh.. but Neil Flynn is Janitor's "name". Janitor is "Neil Flynn, the out of work actor who played a cop in the movie 'The Fugitive'"
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks