What's new

Scrubs Details/Artwork (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
OK, I just listened to the song during the end of this episode (as J.D. sits down to read to his quarantined patient) and then I listened to the first 30 seconds of the Mullins song at Amazon ... and I'm fairly certain that they are not the same song.

Sorry. Let me know if I can check any others for you. I'm using this resource to match the scenes up.

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
Thank you very much!

How about

Episode 1.03 - "My Best Friend's Mistake"
Scene: Turk and the Attending surgeon argue over which song to play in the OR. The song then sticks in the heads of everyone... "like a virus".
"A Little Respect" by Erasure. Album: 'The Innocents', et al.

Episode 1.11 - "My Own Personal Jesus"
Scene: Nurse Tisdale's 9:15 break.
"Moving in Stereo" by The Cars. Album: 'The Cars' (1978)

Scene: In a 'Fifties fantasy, J.D. revives the comatose patient.
"Rock Around the Clock" by Bill Haley and His Comets.

Episode 1.16 - "My Heavy Meddle"
Scene: Carla tries to play the requested music for her comatose patient; she and the lawyer later sing it.
"Talk Dirty To Me" by Poison. Album: 'Look What The Cat Dragged In', et al.?

Those should be the hardest to get, because they are older songs (and by artists who probably really need the money right now).

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Erasure - Definitely on there. I know the tune well and it's practically everywhere in the episode.

The Cars - Yep, your "Fast Times" homage is present and accounted for. ;)

I'm almost certain that the other two tunes ARE on the DVD set as well, but give me a little time to go double check the discs.

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
I really wanted the set, especially since I didn't get into the show until midway through last season. But I don't buy sets with changed music on principle. This, Quantum Leap and Joan of Aracadia...

I can't believe the music for Scrubs was too expensive.

:sighs: :thumbsdown:

Joel C

Screenwriter
Five For Fighting doesn't appear on Joan of Arcadia S1 either. I guess they want people to know just how good a song "100 Years" or whatever is by making sure no one ever hears it (but I believe it IS on the Smallville S3 set).

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
While the music issue is upsetting, it seems as if Lawrence and Company made a "good faith" effort to get everybody, and got most everybody. I agree they should have inked the deal in the first place, but no one thought Scrubs would be this good.

I'm buying the set regardless, as this has been the best show on TV for years.

And F*** 54Fighting,
Chuck

Eric_Bee

Stunt Coordinator
The music to this show can be described as nearly imperative to certain episodes. For example, if the Fourth Season DVD lacks the Cary Brothers' "Blue Eyes" at the end of episode 4.04, "My First Kill," I will forego the DVD and repeatedly watch my SLP-speed VHS version of the episode - the picture isn't great, but the music is intact, the way the episode was meant to be seen.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
"Talk Dirty to Me" is on there. I have to double-check on "Rock Around the Clock," but I'm almost certain I remember hearing it during that Happy Days homage. (Hilarious scene, too!) ;)

Kevin Clemons

Stunt Coordinator

"Rock Around The Clock" is indeed included.

This is a great set, and the fact that it lacks one song shouldn't let anyone keep from buying it. The commentaries and character profiles featuring the cast and crew are fantastic. Besides, who needs Five for Fighting when you can hear The Shins, David Gray, Michael Penn, and more instead.

Also, funnily enough the song "Hooch" plays in one episode.....man, Hooch is crazy :)

Kevin

Jimmy Kustes

Agent
Considering Scrubs has Shins and Cary Brothers songs from Garden State, and Zach Braff was a music producer for Garden State, I'm almost positive he picked out some of the music. In fact in his blog he says the Cary Brothers is a small-time artist who is just a friend of his and he is in season 4. So I don't understand why songs are being cut. Couldn't the star cut a deal with them?

I know that shows as recent as Wonderfalls didn't put stuff in their contracts about home video but Fox didn't know that that would sell well so they didn't cough up the extra cash. You can't tell me Disney thinks Scrubs is going to do the same.

With Newsradio, Home Movies, and Chappelle coming up I almost don't want to buy Scrubs. This is as bad as when they edit classic cartoons on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks