What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (10 Viewers)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Star Trek Las Vegas Salutes Deep Space Nine. :)

There is some interesting information here. A few characters additional to those whom appeared in DS9 are discussed.

http://www.startrek.com/article/star-trek-las-vegas-salutes-deep-space-nine
52f37199cc492533259086ebb3af21b5d7ff1715.png

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I had an unscheduled layover at Sigma Iotia II last night. Although I liked the one book I read while there, I believe I left my communicator with Bela Oxmyx. ;)

50obr22.jpg

Or perhaps it is now in the hands of one Jo Jo Krako?

50obr38.jpg

Either way, I don't want any more cracks about the book.

50obr19.jpg

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Right? Check. I read through the StarTrek.com coverage of the Vegas convention. Almost as good as being there! I've been to so many conventions, I can really almost feel like I was there. Nice to read about the DS9 reunion. Nice that Terry Farrell stays involved. She still fit in that costume! That was a nice change of pace from the usual answer and questions thing. It's great the actors are willing to putting on the Klingon makeup too at past conventions. And nice to see the Enterprise and Voyager reunions too. The wall of art from Mr. Ortiz is a good idea! Nice to see that the convention has brought in new activities and things to see and hear. I sort of got tired of conventions because the only reason I would go was to see the actors. And today, you almost don't need to go from all the web coverage or the actors mostly talking about the same things in other venues. But the Vegas one sounds like the one to go to now.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,I want to go just to sit in the theater dedicated to Dr. McCoy. :)

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Lou Sytsma said:
Heheh - printed books in the 23rd Century.
It was really from the 1990s, though; pre-Kindle!The Ortiz wall looked great. The Guardian of Forever wasn't particularly evocative of the original, but I would have happily done the photo op in the transporter.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Wow, Dawn Wells just off Gilligans Island auditioned for the part of Roberta Lincoln? And Roddenberry didn't think she was right. I think in the end, as written, he wanted what Teri Garr naturally exuded, that kooky nature she has. From the quotes, it seems her only real negative experience was the constant adjustment to her skirt costume. But she sounded like it was just par for the course. So I didn't get what recent times have painted her as not having a good experience doing Assignment: Earth. Interesting chapter overall. Lansing had a good deal. Hard to imagine some of the other actors being considered for Gary Seven!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Guys,

I watched another episode of Perry Mason last night. In the episode there is a wonderful clip (which I paused) showing Kathie Browne (Deela) and Sherry Jackson (Andrea) in glorious black and white. I wish I could find a still of that exact clip to show you, because the positioning of the two actresses one behind the other was very Lal and Thann-like as seen in The Empath (although not quite as angled one to the other). In any event, here are two separate stills from the episode:

Sherry_e190.jpg

Kathie_e190.jpg

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,Thanks. I wondered about that. I left them as is because I thought it could be from my end only. I will either fix or delete from work tomorrow.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I can imagine some of the other actors Roddenberry considered. McGoohan would have been very interesting, although that would surely have ended any idea of flirtation with Roberta Lincoln.As for Teri Garr, I am afraid that WE are the problem for her. Most of her complaints in later years, and her refusal to discuss the experience, seem to stem from a great distaste for Star Trek fans rather than from problems making the episode. "Kooky" is exactly the right word, by the way, and she did bring that dimension to it. When the computer describes her as being highly intelligent in spite of her behavior, it really rang true with Ms. Garr. It wasn't the most polished or powerful performance in Star Trek history, but she was a great fit for the role.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Lee, you surprise me regarding McGoohan. No flirtation with Miss Lincoln? He would have definitely brought a totally different dimension to the role. Maybe Miss Lincoln would be dong the flirtation! Interesting, I would never have thought of this before. My main impression of McGoohan is from his role in The Prisoner as the angry Number 6. I've seen a handful of Danger Man episodes and not even whole episodes plus some of his films and Columbo. But I could imagine the pairing could almost have a Steed and Peel kind of thing with the proper British and kooky American. So I had no idea Ms Garr is averse to the fans. Someone must have really given her a bad experience to turn her off to Star Trek. That's really unfortunate. So many of the other guest stars must not have experienced it or were able to deal with it.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
McGoohan was a very thoughtful actor and he could project a dry humor that would have worked for the character. But he was both uncomfortable with and philosophically opposed to onscreen romance so that element of the show would have to have been different. (Although you make a good point about making it more one-sided. That dynamic can also be interesting to watch.) Burt Reynolds is the name that jumps out as different, but in 1967, he would have been much less different. The self-effacing, fun Reynolds persona came later, first on talk shows and game shows, and then in some very popular movies starting in the mid 70s. But at the time of Assignment: Earth, he was a very serious, almost brooding personality.Too bad indeed about Ms. Garr. Perhaps she was upset by what she feels is disproportionate attention on an unimportant moment in her career, and so blames the people giving it that attention. Only a thought--she is one of the few guests in the position of having had a subsequent period of very great popular success and so there are probably other parts of her career about which she would rather reminisce. I think I lost track of the trivia question. Which double roles have not been identified yet?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Lee, you are right, I had forgotten about McGoohan's position regarding on screen romances. Strange given he's an actor. Agreed about your thoughts of what he'd bring. Reynolds in my mind, while brooding at that time of his career, seems a little too rough and tumble for the part. Perhaps someday, Ms. Garr will be in a more reflective mood and look back at the Star Trek experience as something that really helped her career as she has already noted in the quotes from Cushman's book.Lee, regarding the question, I'm rushing out to work, but here's a recap of where we left off. I sort of thought you guys wanted to move on, so I wasn't sweating this one, it wasn't a question worthy of the quality of questions we've been working with. I did add Bruce Mars to the list. A monk? :) Stewart Moss - Lee - Joe Tormolan and HamarJohn Harmon - Tepo and RodentJon Lormer - Scott - Theodore Haskins, Tamar and old man.Mark Lenard - Scott - Romulan Commander and SarekDiana Muldaur - Scott- Drs Ann Mulhall and Miranda Jones, and later Polaski.Laurence MontaigneWilliam Campbell - Scott, Koloth and TrelaneMorgan WoodwardMorgan FarleyBarbara BabcockBarry RussoCharles MacaulayIan WolfeBart LaRueCraig HundleyPhyllis DouglasBruce Mars

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Lawrence Montaigne--Decius and Stonn (I bet they wish they had saved the ears!)Bruce Mars--Finnegan and the confused cop in Assignment: EarthBarbara Babcock--Mea and Philana (plus Trelane's mother, the Beta Five, and Commander Loskene vocally)And we mentioned Skip Homeier--Melakon and Dr. Sevrin

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,
The images (post 11087) are showing up fine for me now. Just in case, here is the link which shows both actresses. :)

http://www.perrymasontvseries.com/database/picture5.php?episode=190

I'm sure Lee knows all of these by heart, but I'll answer a few of the remaining ones.

Barry Russo - Commodore Wesley and Giotto

Phyllis Douglas - Yeoman Mears and 'Space Hippie' girl

Ian Wolfe - Septimus and Atoz

Craig Hundley - Peter Kirk and Tommy Starnes

Morgan Woodward - Dr. Van Gelder and Capt. Tracey

Charles Macaulay - Landru and Jaris

Bart LaRue - Announcer (Ekosians) and Announcer (Romans)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Here's where we are with the question, great work guys! Stewart Moss - Lee - Joe Tormolan and HamarJohn Harmon - Lee- Tepo and RodentJon Lormer - Scott - Theodore Haskins, Tamar and old man.Mark Lenard - Scott - Romulan Commander and SarekDiana Muldaur - Scott- Drs Ann Mulhall and Miranda Jones, and later Polaski.Laurence Montaigne - Lee- Decius and StonnWilliam Campbell - Scott, Koloth and TrelaneMorgan Woodward - Scott- Tracy and Van GelderMorgan Farley - Barbara Babcock - Lee - Mea and Philana, plus othersBarry Russo - Scott- Wesley and GiottoCharles Macaulay - Scott - Jaris and LandruIan Wolfe - Scott - Septimus and AtoZBart LaRue - Scott - announcer on Ekos and Roman TVCraig Hundley - Scott - Peter Kirk and Tommy StarnesPhyllis Douglas - Scott - Mears and hippie girlBruce Mars - Lee - Finnegan and copSkip Homeier - Lee - Melakon and SevrinI still can't see the image Scott. Maybe because I'm using the HTF app on my tablet. I did look up the episode via your link and saw the images. Great data base there! Then I looked up the title to see the air date. That episode aired in 1963. Funny how both women looked older there! I'm sure it had to do with the hairstyles and make up.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Morgan Farley was Hacom in The Return of the Archons and the very grumpy Yang in The Omega Glory.In other news, I watched a failed 1975 pilot on YouTube called Conspiracy of Terror and we have a six: David Opatoshu, Arlene Martel, Roger Perry, Logan Ramsey, Jon Lormer, and Stewart Moss.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
That's great, Lee. I've been watching Perry Mason hoping to catch a seven. Even one 'seven' will do! :) So it looks like your example ties my Insight example, if memory serves.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I must not be watching enough or the right TV shows! I have not seen that many guest stars on a show with guest actors that appeared on TOS, just one or two. Lee got the last answer from the list of actors below with Morgan Farley. An actor we've discussed in the past among several who were born in the 19th Century! Stewart Moss - Lee - Joe Tormolan and HamarJohn Harmon - Lee- Tepo and RodentJon Lormer - Scott - Theodore Haskins, Tamar and old man.Mark Lenard - Scott - Romulan Commander and SarekDiana Muldaur - Scott- Drs Ann Mulhall and Miranda Jones, and later Polaski.Laurence Montaigne - Lee- Decius and StonnWilliam Campbell - Scott, Koloth and TrelaneMorgan Woodward - Scott- Tracy and Van GelderMorgan Farley - Lee - Hacom and grumpy YangBarbara Babcock - Lee - Mea and Philana, plus othersBarry Russo - Scott- Wesley and GiottoCharles Macaulay - Scott - Jaris and LandruIan Wolfe - Scott - Septimus and AtoZBart LaRue - Scott - announcer on Ekos and Roman TVCraig Hundley - Scott - Peter Kirk and Tommy StarnesPhyllis Douglas - Scott - Mears and hippie girlBruce Mars - Lee - Finnegan and copSkip Homeier - Lee - Melakon and SevrinThat's it for this one. There's got to be more but we should move on!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks