What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (2 Viewers)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I did not invite a debate! :)Sorry, when I saw all those answers flooding in, that line popped in my head!Of course you guys are right. When I thought of the question, Operation--Annihilate! was in my mind. So I was focusing on the "big action oriented" punctuation marks. Exclamation marks and question marks came to mind. Because of the inclusion of the The Operation -- Annihilate! And my bonus question, I only had one spin off episode in mind that also has the exclamation mark. Apparently, it's the only other episode to do so.So we've deviated way off my list by including the other punctuation marks and I'll have to recapture what the score is now! I should have narrowed it down to which other episode has the exclamation mark. That's okay because this has surprised me with the number of other titles with question marks and apostrophe marks. If it's of any interest, the bonus answer has not come from a series mentioned yet. Given the plethora of answers, it feels like everyone wins!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,I'll think a bit more on this. I can't think of any other episode with an exclamation point yet, but I'll keep at it.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Sounds good Scott.In the mean time, I came across some information today about who actually bought the Galileo last year when it went up for auction. I frequent a YouTube channel for a former Hollywood make-up and effects guy. He actually did the ears for Spock in the Motion Picture among his credits and is a big Star Trek fan. The guy who bought the shuttle and then donated it to the Houston Space Center was in one of his videos visiting his shop.What I didn't fully understand was who he is and what his involvement with the project was. The guy who runs a prop collecting blog was also one of the guys involved in buying the shuttle.Anyway, the guy who did buy it and was involved in the restoration is interviewed on space.com and it's a good video if you have a free 10 minutes. I know we've discussed this before and you guys may have linked this before. But I don't recall this one. The guy with the shaved head is a fan and collector too who frequents a prop forum. I was surprised of his participation in contributing the small access panel innards which was discussed on another website.http://www.space.com/22189-star-trek-shuttlecraft-galileo-houston-museum.html

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
So far, if I've counted correctly, Lee has identified 5 and Scott has identified 9 titles with punctuation marks. That makes 10 TOS episodes titles with punctuation marks. I originally only had one title in mind from a spin off episode, but you guys found quite a few more with punctuation marks other then the exclamation mark I had in mind.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Thanks for the link, Nelson! I really liked that video. I'm so glad he bought it; they seem to have done a terrific job. I admire people who have the vision to look at something in terrible condition and see the potential in it. I also like that Don Marshall came to the opening.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Alright Mr. Spock, you have all the answers. What now? :)I'm glad you liked that video. As far as I understand the history of the shuttle, that the video touches on, it went through several owners who tried to restore it and then to have it fall onto hard times when funds and ability was less then what was needed. So further rot and decay took its toll. Based on the results, those ship builders where the best choice and these guys had enough money to pay for the restoration! I was surprised at the auction price of $60,000 or so. That's attainable. But the cost to restore the shuttle I'm sure was many multibles of the purchase price. I don't know if I'll ever make the pilgrimage to Houston, but that will be a stop over for sure! I did see it in an earlier restored state and it wasn't near as nice as it looks today.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Scott, you have the most answers, so you're in the lead. And I think you said you still wanted to see if you could name the spin off episode with the punctuation I had in mind. So yes. Technically, you're the winner of this round, the spin-off is a bonus. I appreciate your tenacity though to try to find it! Do you need a hint?

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,Thanks. Yes, I think naming the series (unless that's too helpful) would be a nice hint.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,Wow. I thought for sure that it would have been from TNG. Okay, I shall cogitate the possibilities for a time.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,Okay, is it Rise!, or are you looking for a different punctuation mark?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Scott, I checked Memory Alpha, the title I'm looking for is the only other episode to have an exclamation mark. Hard to believe too! Rise was not the one.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,That is hard to believe. The only other episode I can think of with a punctuation mark (excluding apostrophes and commas) would be 11:59. We saw this episode a couple of weeks ago.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
BTW, here's a better hint. If you recently saw 11:59, are you watching each episode in order? If you are, then the episode that has the exclamation mark was several episodes before 11:59.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,I'm stumped (without looking it up). I have no other guesses after Rise!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,Okay, I checked a master list, and other than Rise!, no episode of VOY has an exclamation point in its title. So I don't know how to guess at this point. I thought of Bride Of Chaotica, but that too is listed as I have it written here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks