What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (6 Viewers)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
"This trial is over......This court has no choice in fixing punishment! You will hang by the neck, Captain, until you are dead, dead, dead!"That's the last one I had in mind Lee! Yes, nicely done.Sorry Joel. That was a good guess about Gary Mitchell. That seemed more like a meeting to me.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
That was a pretty violent end to that act now that I think about it. Trelane was pretty angry.There are several other trials and hearings in The Next Generation too. Not that I'm asking. But it seems to be a tradition they carried on with. Or perhaps the courtroom drama has certain dramatic opportunities.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
He is angry, but then it passes almost immediately and with no emotional hangover. Another beautifully played clue to the ending.Yes, lots of trials in all the series. I think it really is a dramatic setting that has built-in suspense. One of the most breathtaking to me is still in The Magicks of Megas-Tu, just for the subject matter.I'm traveling today, so anyone else is free to pose a question.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Joel,If you'd like to ask the next question (per Lee above), please feel free to do so.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
The design of the animation for the Magicks of Megas-Tu makes it hard for me to get into that one. I haven't seem it in ages. You've got me curious to check it out. Anyone with a question yet? I've got another idea for another weak goofy one. :)

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
The animation is certainly no better in Megas-Tu. I am just impressed that a Saturday morning kids show dealt with the concepts of Satan, religion, humanism, vengeance, and more. Whatever one's views on those subjects, it is pretty deep stuff for the intended audience!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Maybe if I just listen to the episode. That does sound like subject matter you'd never see today on Saturday morning.

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Ockeghem said:
Joel,If you'd like to ask the next question (per Lee above), please feel free to do so.
I'm bouncing in and out sporadically these days - usually during lunch, or before I head home, or on my phone on the occasional odd hour - so don't wait on me for now. I'm still trying to think of something for when the time comes. Even so, I'd be useless with anything after TOS anyway. While I saw all of Next Gen, I didn't follow it as closely afterward. The movies, I'm mostly good with, though.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
"The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the Universe".- Dr. Leonard McCoy.We've discussed the often times that Star Trek portrays the officials in TOS Star Trek in less then flattering light. So to carry on with another goofy question, we talked about people like Ferris and Fox. I don't think we ever talked about the people in charge of space stations. So if we cut out the bureaucrats who are ambassadors and high commissioners, we are left with 4 people that I am aware of who we have met who are in charge of Starbases and stations. Who are they?

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,

How about Nils Baris and Cmmdr. Mendez?

I thought of you today when I received the following information on the Star Trek Convention taking place in Seattle. The second link is for the Creation Entertainment Live Auction. And take a peek at the excellent guest list!

http://www.creationent.com/cal/st_seattle.html

"Creation Entertainment's Official STAR TREK Convention is coming to Seattle on August 24 and 25, 2013 and today we are happy to announce the auction of 10 backstage VIP experiences.The lucky 10 winners will be able to hang out backstage all weekend during the daytimes and meet all our celebrity guests. They will also have first in line privileges for anything they have a ticket for. Our VIPs receive a laminate collectible designating their status which they can wear during the convention.The Seattle show features appearances by WILLIAM SHATNER, KATE MULGREW, NANA VISITOR, DENISE CROSBY, GARRETT WANG, CONNOR TRINNEER, DOMINIC KEATING, Klingons MARTOK and GOWRON and Ferengis ROM and NOG."

http://www.creationent.com/auctions/index.asp

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Scott, Thanks for the convention info. I'll check out the website.Mendez is correct. He was in charge of Starbase 11.Mr. Baris was one of those minor officials that gave Kirk a headache. But he wasn't in charge if the station, he was at the station because he was in charge of the grain for Holly Sherman's Planet. :)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,May we count Vanderberg? He was the administrative head of mining operations on Janus VI.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Commodore Stone runs Starbase 11 in Court Martial. Also, Commodore Stocker is about to take over at Starbase 10 in The Deadly Years, so I don't know if you are counting him.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
"Stocker! The man is a chair bound paper pusher!"Stocker and Stone counts! As for Chief Vanderberg, I wasn't thinking of him. Sorry Scott, that's a good idea. That wasn't a station, and I took Janus 6 to be a mining colony run for profit.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I have the authority to act and I'm going to use it! Mr. Lurry is correct. Poor Whit Bissell seems so lost in the fray between Shatner and William Schallert. That's all I have, 4 bureaucrats. One meek, one incompetent temporary starship commander, and two decent guys who try to lock Kirk away.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Travers was the iffy one! We never see the real Travers as you pointed out in an earlier question. Probably dead as McCoy once said. He was stated as the commander there, but I was asking for those we actually see.

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
Amazon gold box today, TOS all three seasons on blu-ray for 89.00. Scott, it's your chance to go blu for a good price!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks