What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (6 Viewers)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Lee and Nelson,Another interesting thing about the question is that I believe we heard 'Lieutenant Commanders' referred to as 'Commanders' on occasion. For example, if a Lieutenant Commander were put in charge of the ship while the Captain was away, wasn't that person a de facto Commander, and if so, not necessarily referred to as a Lieutenant Commander during that shift? Just some food for thought.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I think the distinction is between commander and Commander. Sulu identifies himself as Lt. Sulu when he is in command in The Omega Glory and Scott records a log entry as Lt. Commander Scott in temporary command in Friday's Child.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
FanCollector said:
I think the distinction is between commander and Commander. Sulu identifies himself as Lt. Sulu when he is in command in The Omega Glory and Scott records a log entry as Lt. Commander Scott in temporary command in Friday's Child.
Ensign Ockeghem: "As I said Sir, that thought had not occurred to me."Lt. Cmmdr. Lee: "Well, now you have something new to think about. Carry on."

;)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
"Officers and gentleman, Captains all!"The question reminded me of something I recently heard on Balance of Terror that I never realized before.Stiles talks about having family history during the Romulan Wars. What I never realized was in the dialogue he says there was a Captain Stiles. But that's all I heard because the lines that follow were,"Two Commanders and several junior officers". What I always thought was that it was only a Captain Stiles in the war and I didn't realize he was also saying the two commanders and junior officers were also Stiles. Not just other crew members aboard a particular ship. No wonder he was so bitter. His family lost a lot of members then. I think I might have to watch that soon!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Anyone with a new question? I'm assuming Scott may be too occupied to propose one.I could propose another of my goofy ones.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
FanCollector said:
I feel more confident in your goofy trivia than most other people's deep analysis.Ask away if you have something!
Lee,Your first line -- nicely veiled there!Nelson,Yes, please ask away.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I liked that Lee! Okay, I'm not positive if this question was asked before Lee joined our merry band. Perhaps it was not, or it was.Name all the instances when Kirk's tunic was torn, slashed and ripped. :)

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
I had asked a while back about the quote from Galaxy Quest "I see you managed to get your shirt off." making fun of how Shatner was always managing to do that.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I kept thinking of that scene from Galaxy Quest that inspired the question Chuck!I forgot to add, so in Amok Time, Spock slashes Kirk's tunic. In The Naked Time, McCoy rips the shoulder part open at the collar to inject him with the vaccine for the disease. What is odd there of course is that McCoy does bare the skin at other times for injections, but we've seen him give plenty of injections through the tunic fabric.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Nelson Au said:
I kept thinking of that scene from Galaxy Quest that inspired the question Chuck!I forgot to add, so in Amok Time, Spock slashes Kirk's tunic. In The Naked Time, McCoy rips the shoulder part open at the collar to inject him with the vaccine for the disease. What is odd there of course is that McCoy does bare the skin at other times for injections, but we've seen him give plenty of injections through the tunic fabric.
And how insanely easy it was to rip the shirt.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I did enjoy it. After all these years....Probably the most egregious case! And the inspiration for that certain movie.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Two more destroyed uniforms for Lee!

Where No Man Has Gone Before, the first time Kirk's uniform is torn! And Finney's wrench magically tears open Kirk's tunic. :)

The movie I was referring to was Galaxy Quest, sorry for the unclarity Lee.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    OttoIsHere
    Recent bookmarks