What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (2 Viewers)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Okay, I hope this numerical question is a bit more challenging than the past few I've submitted. Name the episode of TOS based on the following seven numbers:

If/when a hint is required, it will be a textual (rather than a numerical) hint this time. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
These numerical questions are always challenging!A wild guess based on one of the numbers: The Ultimate Computer.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
FanCollector said:
Whom Gods Destroy? (I hope that's right, since I got up out of bed to guess it.)
Lee,

You will be glad to know that it was worth it! Congratulations. I promise to make my next numerical question a bit more challenging. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
That was impressive Lee! Congrats for figuring it out so fast.Scott, I hope you do a break down of what the numbers are.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Ockeghem said:
I promise to make my next numerical question a bit more challenging. :)
What have I done?!Nelson,The numbers I recognized were...Elba IIAntos IV14 inmates plus the addition of Garth making 15The explosion registering .95 on Sulu's scannerScott will have to explain 5, as I didn't recognize that one. And 1 seems so ubiquitous that I usually skip over it.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson Au said:
That was impressive Lee! Congrats for figuring it out so fast.Scott, I hope you do a break down of what the numbers are.
Nelson,Here you go, with apologies to the both of you for my usage of the number '5'. And the number fifteen is actually mentioned twice in the episode, but I only chose to include one of the instances for the question. The one I did not choose was: "A total of 15 incurably insane out of billions...".
5 ("Its five-year mission -- to explore strange new worlds..."). ;)

4 ("And tried to destroy Antos IV. Why?").

14 ("Break synchronous orbit. Come to course one-four mark six-eight").

95 ("Point nine five! It must've wiped out everything!").

2 ("That means you two are trapped here").

15 ("Governor, you indicated one additional inmate since our last visit, making a total of fifteen").

1 ("Queen to king's level one").

Incidentally, not that Lee needed one, but my hint this time would have been:

Baseball

The hint was kind of a Lt. Disher hint, if you get my Monk reference. ;)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
FanCollector said:
What have I done?!

Scott will have to explain 5, as I didn't recognize that one. And 1 seems so ubiquitous that I usually skip over it.
Lee,

It's not enough that you had to get out of bed to answer the question. ;)

You know, it almost seems like any number ten or under is ubiquitous for these types of questions. I've been thinking about starting at eleven from now on, but then the questions would probably not be very difficult at all.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
FanCollector said:
Now, before I think of a new question, I have to figure out the hint to the old question...Thanks, Randy!
Mr. Kelso,I was actually thinking that the hint might be more fun! By the way, I checked, and I was in error. The hint refers more to Monk (on drugs, no less) when he was talking to Disher. Sorry about that. Here is the text:

Monk (greeting Lt. Disher): "How're you doing, Toy Store?"Disher: "What did you call me?"Monk: "Toy Store. Your name's Disher. Dish. Plate. Plat-o. Play-Doh. Where do you buy Play-Doh?"Disher: "Toy Store."

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Lou...Aye, and if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a wagon. Very cute commercial.Scott, is that from Mr. Monk Takes His Medicine? I will try applying the same logic to "baseball."

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Lee,Good one! I actually had this, though:

Baseball. Bat. Batman. Batgirl. Yvonne Craig. Marta. Whom Gods Destroy. ;)

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
These also put me in mind of the scene in Arsenic and Old Lace where Mortimer has to convince his brother Teddy (who believes he is Teddy Roosevelt) that his real name of Brewster is code for Roosevelt. M: Take the B off of Brewster and what do you get?T: Rooster.M: And what does a rooster do?T: Crow.M: And where do you hunt in Africa?T: On the veldt.M: Well, there you are! Crows Veldt. Roosevelt!T: Those boys in code making are mighty clever!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I have Arsenic and Old Lace on my pile of discs to watch, so I think I'll skip your post Lee!That's a fun commercial Lou, thanks. Perhaps Mr. Nimoy is more open to commercials to promote the new Star Trek then any of the other actors. Unless that was Shatner getting out of the TT. No, I looked again, it wasn't him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks