What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (4 Viewers)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah, Scott, I would agree that McCoy swung Spock's chair around due to the influence of that region of Space. But earlier, he was angry with Spock! :)

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
If I may bring up The Mark of Gideon again, there are several times when McCoy gets at least cranky, not sure if it is enough to say lost his temper.

SPOCK: We are representatives of the Federation, Doctor.MCCOY: That doesn't mean we have to behave like children and listen to some fool lecture by a diplomat!

HODIN: I'm glad to hear it. Perhaps you could then make greater effort to choose your words more precisely.
MCCOY: (To Spock) Are you going to let him get away with that?!?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Great catches!

I totally forgot about The Deadly Years. Cranky old McCoy!

And Bryan, I rarely watch Gideon, so I forgot that one too!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson Au said:
Scott, I hadn't considered All Our Yesterdays. He and Spock were at each others throats literally. But it was a case where Spock was out of his head and attacks McCoy after McCoy was trying to reason with him. He did poke Spock pretty hard with his comments about Zarabeth. That was an extreme situation that pushed them both. Okay, even though they were both "unprepared" and under some influence, I'll take that one!

I think you mean Journey to Babel where McCoy tells Spock to shut up? Lee already named Doomsday Machine. I wasn't so sure McCoy was actually saying shut up to Spock in anger. He just wanted them to be quiet and to rest? I'll have to re-view that one!
Nelson,Yes, Journey To Babel (I've edited it above). Thanks. When I wrote The Doomsday Machine, I believe that I was thinking of Bones telling Spock that he botched the test (after he knew that Spock was okay), but that's from The Immunity Syndrome! So my apology. In any event, I think that the exchange in The Immunity Syndrome was more of Bones' gentle ribbing of Spock than him actually losing his temper.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I am in the strange position of disagreeing with Scott by agreeing with him...I think The Immunity Syndrome counts. Teasing him about the acetylcholine test (and even "Shut up, Spock! We're rescuing you!) is just a joke, but their exchange just before Spock leaves may be the nastiest in the entire series. There's even the insert of McCoy punching the airlock controls to illustrate the point.

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
Nelson Au said:
Great catches!

I totally forgot about The Deadly Years. Cranky old McCoy!

And Bryan, I rarely watch Gideon, so I forgot that one too!
It was fresh in my mind from having watched it the other day. A bit of trivia about Gideon is that it was written by Stanley Adams, aka Cyrano Jones, who apparently was something of an activist on the subject of overpopulation. (Looking at his credits on imdb, I noticed that he was Rusty Trawler in Breakfast at Tiffany's. I never made that connection before.)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,I had forgotten that Adams wrote that script.

"I am in the strange position of disagreeing with Scott by agreeing with him."Lee,

I like that position. You may agree with me more if you wish. ;) And as you know, they don't call me the miracle worker for nothing. You will remember that I was Scotty in High School. (That has nothing to do with the question, and is pretty much a non sequitur at best. But it had to be mentioned. ;))

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Shoot, I totally missed Lee's post sandwiched between Bryan's and Scott's.Agreed, McCoy was really peeved at Spock in that airlock scene at the shuttle bay. A point for Scott. Tied three a piece for Lee and Scott and one for Bryan for the Gideon answer. It was Bryan who posted about Adams Scott. That was nice he got the writing assignment! Of course before Adams was in Breakfast at Tiffany's, he was a New York detective in Hitchcock's North by Northwest!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
"It was Bryan who posted about Adams Scott."Nelson,Yes, I know. But I was letting you know that I had forgotten that Adams wrote the script for that episode.

;)

Seriously, thanks Bryan! :)

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
Nelson Au said:
Of course before Adams was in Breakfast at Tiffany's, he was a New York detective in Hitchcock's North by Northwest!
Yes, I recognized him there, although if memory serves he doesn't actually speak in NbNW. My favorite Hitchcock movie, by the way; what a great ride. I smile just thinking about it. The blu-ray is grand. Star Trek connections abound!

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
My favorite Hitchcock movie also! (And one of my three or four favorites of all time.) My friend once had an assignment to interview someone in Glen Cove and I went along for the ride. For the whole drive there, we just kept joking that we were being kidnapped by James Mason's henchmen and the driver really thought there was something wrong with us.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Lee, I beg forgiveness. I have had my attention divided more then usual, yes you have 5.And the Dove makes 6! Okay Scott, just wanted to make sure!That's a fun story Lee! I don't recall if Adam's had any lines either, but I thought he had at least one line or two. NxNW and Vertigo are my favorites, plus several others! I can't help but wonder if Grace Kelly had done NxNW, how it would have turned out. Saint was quite good though. At least Kelly and Cary worked together in Thief.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
"At least let us die like men, not machines!"The Galileo Seven, a watershed moment for the boys.Not sure I'd have preferred Grace Kelly in North By Northwest, but she would have been magical in Vertigo. (No imagination at all to envision her as Madeline, but I would love to have seen her Judy.)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
"Well at least i lived long enough to hear that." Galileo Seven is correct!Everyone really gave Spock a rough time!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I have a hard time imagining anyone else as Madeline or Judy then Kim Novak! But Kelly might have been okay as Eve Kendall. It is what is though.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Yes, by the time Vertigo and NxNW were made, Kelly was long out of the picture, so it isn't as though it was really a choice in either case."You talk about another man's feelings?!"Spectre of the Gun, with an assist from Scotty that time.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
The trivia will not pass through your body. Interesting, I hadn't thought of this episode. Okay, the cranky McCoy's anger at Spock continues to add up!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks