What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (6 Viewers)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,A slight aside, having to do with Mr. Paskey. Did you ever happen to catch him wearing the green jumpsuit? I have been looking for it for quite some time (at least as long as your trivia question about him several months ago). I am almost certain that I have seen him in that outfit in one episode. If so, then that would bring to four the number of colors he wore in TOS.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Interesting Scott!I just had a look at the screen caps from Trekcore. I suspected the scene you had in mind is from Mudd's Women. "Conners, are you finished?" :)He does wear green!

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
Hope I am not interjecting out of place here, but McCoy operates the transporter in "City on The Edge of Forever". In his drug-induced hysteria he gives the guard a good karate chop to the neck and beams himself down to the Guardian of Forever.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,Thanks for checking on that! That has to be the one. Much appreciated. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Bryan, Lee had already named that one yesterday. Nice try though as I had forgotten that one!Scott, happy to have helped! That episode must have been one of the few times or only time he's wearing the coveralls.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
"Nobody but us chickens..."

Lee, you found another one I forgot! There is another technician in Where No Man Has Gone Before pressing buttons. This shot shows him, an earlier shot we only see his hands pressing buttons.
wherenomanhasgonebeforehd461.jpg

This is mutiny Mister! Correct, we see the operators back only.
thissideofparadisehd410.jpg

And Scott, for fun. This wasn't a coverall, its such an early episode, it looks like some kind of shop smock:
muddswomenhd305.jpg

That was tricky, it took me a few tries to do multiple images in one post.

So far the score is:
Lee-11
Scott- 3

Two more operators to go!

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
Nelson Au said:
Bryan, Lee had already named that one yesterday. Nice try though as I had forgotten that one!Scott, happy to have helped! That episode must have been one of the few times or only time he's wearing the coveralls.
Sorry about that. I wasn't actually going for a point; I didn't realize that the episode where McCoy activates the transporter had been named even though he had, I seemed to have missed a page of posts. This was a great question and, as usual, you guys have such a great rhythm going. This is my favorite thread, I have to admit.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,

This is an interesting shot:

post-270824-0-32814500-1366689866_thumb.jpg

Because it may be the only time in TOS where I can't name anyone on the transporter pad! Thankfully I know the name of the transporter technician, or all would be lost.

Thanks again for the Leslie reference. That one was nagging me from way back.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Scott, the only person there on the transporter pad that I recognize, but not the name of, is the guy on the left in the gold shirt. He took over the navigation seat in Balance of Terror when the bridge crew go to the briefing room to discuss the tactical situation and review the debris they recovered from the Outpost destruction.You know the name of the transporter technician?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
No doubt Mr. Frank da Vinci was vexed by that experience. As well as from beaming aboard the Dohlman of Elas. I found those two situations where Brent was the Transporter Chief. I would suspect he had others.

That leaves one more Chief.

On a related note, I just saw on trekmovie that James Doohan's son Chris was asked back to Star Trek Into Darkness as the Transporter Chief. Mr. Pegg asked that he return. That's nice to see another TOS connection in this new iteration.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson Au said:
Scott, the only person there on the transporter pad that I recognize, but not the name of, is the guy on the left in the gold shirt. He took over the navigation seat in Balance of Terror when the bridge crew go to the briefing room to discuss the tactical situation and review the debris they recovered from the Outpost destruction.You know the name of the transporter technician?
Nelson,Good catch (the guy on the left in the gold shirt).

As for the transporter technician, it's kind of obvious, isn't it? That's Lee Nelson, better known to fans of TOS as Nelson Lee.

I just read a major spoiler on the Star Trek Into Darkness thread. Oh my....

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Scott, I'm going to avoid read anything about the new movie to avoid spoilers. Even though I am not that enthusiastic about it, I'd like to still see it and hope its good. :)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson Au said:
Scott, I'm going to avoid read anything about the new movie to avoid spoilers. Even though I am not that enthusiastic about it, I'd like to still see it and hope its good. :)
Nelson,My lips are sealed. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks